Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Rich,

I order two 620s last week, and should be here today. I'll post pics when I have them set up. Wasn't sure on whether to go two 820s, but looks like you did! lol

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Cool Ray!! I would love to see some pics. Hey maybe if I have too much flow and if you have too little, we can trade an 820 for a 620.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Well Ray, I just got my 820's and I'm glad I did decide to go with the larger seio's. They don't move as much water as I thought they would but the both seio's together in my 36" tank seems to give a very good amount of flow (along with a mag 9.5 return). How did you decide to mount your pumps?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Rich,

Yea, I am now thinking I could of gotten away with the 820s. The Maxi-Jet 1200s I had in there seemed to move more things. But, it is a more dispersed flow......dunno, I'll see how it goes. I used the swivel mounts :

seio1.jpg

seio2.jpg

[ May 30, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Rebels23 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ray, save me a frag of that pink/purple acro in the first pic ;)

I mounted the seios the same way. Its been 2 days since I had these pumps going and I now have some sand mounds forming. I have like 1 1/2" in the front of my tank and 6" in the back :eek: . I guess I'll just let everything settle and decide what to do with all the mountains of sand

here's a poor quality pic
seios.jpg

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice Rich, tank is coming along! Which pink/purple acro are you talking about in the pic?

Now looking back, think I would have mixed a SEIO 820 with a 620 in my tank, with my return. Two 620s are nice, but I could probably use a bit more flow. I have one SEIO kind of blowing directly right on some acros with no ill effect so far.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Ray,

I was talking about the pink coral directly above the orange cap in the upper left hand corner of the first pic. What coral is that?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Rich,

You mentioned that there wasn't too much flow in your 65? Did you have the SEIO on full power (The nozzled turned to the point where all gaps were open)?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
There is enough flow but I thought the seios would move more water than they do. 820GPH sounds like a lot but it doesn't look like much, I guess because of the spread out flow pattern. I do have the pumps turned so all the gaps are open...

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Tony! IF anyone hasn't tried the SEIOs, they are defnitely at a very decent price point for more dispersed flow.

Tony is a great guy, and he will match or beat any price out there!

Rebels23

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: