C

Case

Till i get the money together for a RO+DI unit i need a palce to get water that is reasonable one of the LFS here in the city charges a 1$ a gallon and its insain... im willing to take a drive if i have to with in reason... any sugestion?

C

Case

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
bah i need the initial fill of my 36g and then water changes for the cycle blah... if no one sells it cheaper than that then i might be forced to go out and buy a ro+di unit trying to avoid it atm

i mena ivdo alot of traveling so if a LFS is on the way who is cheaper its a non issue gas wise...

[ May 25, 2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Case ]

C

Case

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Originally posted by marrone:
You can get a Ro or Ro/DI unit for about a little over $100. Do a search and you see a # of people here bought from a place on Ebay and got a great deal.

Michael
I am debaiting this... onlye issue is installation because i rent and the building is very picky about stuff like this... so now im looking itno a RO+DI i can hook up to the faucet with a faucet attachment... and thus far its ebay vs Valueline over at www.aquaticreefsystems.com so im undecided...

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The ebay systems are cheaper and they'r the same. The ones on ebay are for home use so there is no markup like the ones that all the fish places sell. Also the the ones on ebay are larger cap. and come with 5 gal holding tanks.

You can either get the faucet attachment or get the coupler where you don't have to tap into the line as it's an add-in to the line.

Michael

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I bought a ro+di unit from filterdirect on ebay, paid $80 for a six stage unit and faucet adapter. It has been running for about three months and i am very happy with it.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Case,

I'll give it to you for nuttin if you're willing to make the trip - consider it a starter courtesy from Manhattanreefs :)

Also, if you go cheap, you get cheap - many people have a hard time finding the proper filter size on these ebay systems, etc. I would be very careful. I used AquaticReefSystems and they are awesome. I got a 100gpd 4 stager with float and RO Bypass for driking water for around $225 - they also give really good deals on replacement filters - I bought a whole set, including a medical grade DI resin block (all 3 filters) for $29 - In this hobby, I believe you get what you pay for . . .

I just checked, I have about 40g at any given point ready for use in my basement. You'll need the containers, though! I am on vaca until June 1 -

Let me know

House

[ May 25, 2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: House of Laughter ]

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay case I have a tap water purifier that you are welcome to use to fill your tank. The only thing is you will need a new cartridge. These are available on line for under 20. or retail for about 25.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: