Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 AM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Get generator from harbor freight. Best $120 bucks u will ever spend on ur tank. A little bigger than a 12 pack of bottles It will run a bunch of different things in ur tank at once. If u run dc pump and led lights good chance u can run ur entire tank with it. That sucker will run 8 hrs on a tank of gas using all the power it provides. Used a friends during Sandy and ran out a week later to get my own. Still sitting in the box but they day i need to break it out, it will all be worth it.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Professional Commuter
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
Very cool solar powered battery backup Jim!

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ured-tank.html
Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Reefer Ratings: (24 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message View oh207's Twitter Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperetz View Post
My team has been planning to design our own battery which would run on sunlight containing ports to charge phones, tablets, lights, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offgcMwuTGw
I like.

---
Search for Cancer cure, search for Aliens, and search for the meaning of the Universe.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (94%)
Friends: (34)
Send a Private Message
But for the money but a generator
Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by atriz View Post
HEAT. during sandy this happened to me and i in increments poored boiling water in to the tank. PLEASE make sure no fish are in the immediate vicinity where the water is going. it will immediately dilute and become non boiling dont worry but it does help keep temperature high
How were your salinity levels