Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
1. Not that I know of
2. Not something you would want to take a chance with a hole in the hose or a fitting leak
3. Some cooling off is recommended most generators will run in the rain no problem unless it is submerged past the carburetor.
4. Never checked but the tool rental places might have a few. You would have to get one or reserve one very soon.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I have a question... Right now I have two (healthy) clownfish in my 20gallon QT system. Upstairs, my 60 display and 20 sump have a battery backup system attached to it.

By the time the storm is supposed to hit, the clowns should be in QT for about 2-3 weeks depending. If it looks like we are going to lose power, should I move the clownfish out of QT early so they'll be in a more stable system that has a battery backup hooked up to it?

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
yea to him its just purely out of respect, if it was up to me i would run it 24/7 but its his home i live in it, and hes oldschool as sh@@ so dont really have a choice. plus he care less if the tank went down or didn't.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
also with the blanket idea, if i completely cover the tank is this going to suffocate it? i know thats probably a stupid question but figured id ask, because i would just drape a blanket over the entire tank including the canopy.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Get some wind generators hooked up. Not that expensive at all and will definitely be efficient in the middle of the storm. You could get about 850 watts for under $1000 and it could run your tank year round as long as theirs wind. You could even hook up solar panels in the same grid with battery backup.

Last edited:

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have a question... Right now I have two (healthy) clownfish in my 20gallon QT system. Upstairs, my 60 display and 20 sump have a battery backup system attached to it.

By the time the storm is supposed to hit, the clowns should be in QT for about 2-3 weeks depending. If it looks like we are going to lose power, should I move the clownfish out of QT early so they'll be in a more stable system that has a battery backup hooked up to it?

Fish should be fine. Don't compromise your qt until you really must.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
yep a box on the side of the house and a transfer switch done runs just about my whole house
im thinking about picking up a 5000w one myself, unless my dad wants to get a 10,000w one for the whole house that be nice lol,

Jerl77 - how do u plug it into the house exactly , well threw the breakers right? is it hard?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: