herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Can anyone tell me where I can get these PVC pipes?
files

files

These pics are from RC. Its a very good thread of a very clean cut setup.
Check it out here
Thanks Guys!!! :icon16:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
In the past I have always cut corners, especially when it comes to plumbing cause I am impatient. This basically resulted in several water disasters in the livingroom. That is also the reason why my wife banned tanks from the livingroom. I just finished the basement buildout which turned out nice. I managed to get the water connections and drainsin the same location as the tank stand will be. I plan to have everything fit under the stand. (ofcourse PLAN is the keyword here) :icon16:

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
delv said:
It's spa tubing. Check the internet...don't know local. A plumbing supply could at least order it for you. It is good stuff. What's wrong with white though?

d.
Just asthetics - I never really liked the white pipes. Over time they tend to turn color and just look grimy. I have this tendency to want to scrub them. In that process I could end up taking windex to clean after one too many beers. :tired: (spoken from experiance maybe)

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
you are in NJ ,,lowes should have what you are looking for ,Lowes is a hell of alot better in NJ then Brklyn ,take it from a plumber ,but not sure on the colors ,those are flex pvc pipes ,seen them in black and white ,cant say about blue .

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Youre a plumber? Youre a lucky a$$ man!!!! I realized long ago that I went into the wrong business. I should have studied plubling man. Just bought this semi fixerupper in Weehawken (on top of Lincoln Tunnel) and the plubing situation was similar to my first plumbing job on my tank. Caching for the plumbers that came through here. They did a nice job though.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
its not hard .plumbing ,it may come easy to me ,its in my family ,but i dont see it to be hard at all ,just a big adult puzzle ,or lego set ,,lol,,clean ,glue .stick it together ..one pc of advice .measure right and before glueing ,put it togehter with out glue make a line (str8 one) from joint to pipe ,take off ,glue and line up your mark ,,1,2,3, ,lol

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
its not hard .plumbing ,it may come easy to me ,its in my family ,but i dont see it to be hard at all ,just a big adult puzzle ,or lego set ,,lol,,clean ,glue .stick it together ..one pc of advice .measure right and before glueing ,put it togehter with out glue make a line (str8 one) from joint to pipe ,take off ,glue and line up your mark ,,1,2,3, ,lol
Easy as 123 eh? AT 6'5 you should see me tring to get into some of the hard to reach places in the stand - maybe I should get my wife to do the plumbing.... I dont think I will bring that up to her.... :headache:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hermangareis said:
Easy as 123 eh? AT 6'5 you should see me tring to get into some of the hard to reach places in the stand - maybe I should get my wife to do the plumbing.... I dont think I will bring that up to her.... :headache:
ok ,,that could be a prob ,at 6ft 5inch ,i know what youare talking about ,,at 6ft 170lbs i stil have probs get into places sometime ,and say to myself ,what where they think when installing this ,,how do they want me to get inther and fix it lol,,:banghead:
and if you do get in that tight place youhave to make sure you can get out ,,lol :irked:

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Also, you can paint any pvc with Krylon fusion paint. it's formulated for plastic and bonds to the surface. So if you want blue, red, or yellow it's just a can of paint away!

The flexible tubing is called spa-flex at Lowes. it's about $3 a foot if I remember.

BC

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
bad coffee said:
Also, you can paint any pvc with Krylon fusion paint. it's formulated for plastic and bonds to the surface. So if you want blue, red, or yellow it's just a can of paint away!

The flexible tubing is called spa-flex at Lowes. it's about $3 a foot if I remember.

BC
Youre da bomb. Thanks for all the info guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
The gray PVC pipes and fitting are SCH80 stuff, much heavier duty than white PVC. Lowes here on LI does have some limited gray stuff but I can never find the right piece :D. SAVKO.com carries those HD SCH80 true union valves.

The blue pipe in the picture looks like blue tape over spaflex, never seen blue spa flex before.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You can get a lot of them from savko.com for a lot less, and you can get shipment next day (they are in Ohio). If you want it from local, you may check with servistar (True Value hardware store). I saw some of SCH 80 stuff of fitting and valves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: