Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pink stylophora just below the orange cap was completely bleached white and is slowly but surely coming back in the new set up.
center340.jpg

NaClH2oTANK

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, thats an awesome tank. congrats. you must be so excited. it's like being a painter with a blank canvas.

congrats again

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
A number of trigger are considered reef safe, Crosshatch, Saragassum, blue throat, niger and a couple other ones. You need a good size tank and most do very well as they don't seem to bother the corals and leave most fish alone. If you do a search on Reef Central you'll find a # of people keeping them in their reefs.

House

I think it was last year or so but Fish Town had a couple of Crosshatch triggers for $59.99 and they where good size. I was thinking about getting them but didn't want to add anymore triggers to my tank even though they're peaceful ones.

Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
marrone Hit the nail on the head with his response.The blue throat can get to about 8" or so in a large aquarium.The female a bit smaller.

In the below picture. You see two female Pink Square Spot Anthias which are both completely yellow in the photo..I also purchased a slightly larger male who has been chased by one of the two yellow females above.Consequently one of the females,who is pretty much full grown, is changing to a male. The current male has not been seen for a couple of days. I will post a picture of the new up and coming male as the change is more evident to the camera's eye.
june12.jpg

S

Stix

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great job! Tank looks amazing! Best of luck. Quick question...Would a blue throat trigger do well with a lionfish? Or will it nip its fins off?
-Nick

Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Originally posted by Stix:
Great job! Tank looks amazing! Best of luck. Quick question...Would a blue throat trigger do well with a lionfish? Or will it nip its fins off?
-Nick
Nick,They do not have the same temperment as other triggers.They do not nip at any other fish,including a cleaner wrasse.
Tony

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: