heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I love traveling to different fishstores and i recently took a trip to Country Critters. Not too far from Queens, about 45 minute ride. Nice fish store to visit, but everything is pretty pricey, plus there are no prices on any of the corals. The amazing thing is everything is under power compacts. But very nice to look at, its like going to the Aquarium!

Just wanted to share some pics with everyone.

CountryCritters.JPG

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Hope you enjoyed the pics, i defintely recommend taking a trip out to visit this fishstore, lots of things to see. Many rare fresh and marine fish that i haven't seen in a long time. There was also a couple of these really weird fish i have never seen before, forgot what they were called, stared with an "E". Here's the final pic for you guys.

This fish was in there main show tank (look to the right)

weirdfish.JPG

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Danny: I forgot what exit on the LIE, but you could also take Southern State to Route 27 to exit# 53. Make a right at light (Route 112), its about 5 minutes down to your right.

Anthony: LOL, probably not as fast as you, i drive within the speed limit! ;)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Danny, don't waste your time going there. They do have some nice pieces and a good selection but it seems that the staff will try to get you to pay as much cash as possible for a coral etc.. There are no prices listed on the tanks so they make up prices as you go along.

Steven the color they keep under the PC's also amazed me. Their PC's seem really bright for some reason. Maybe they are overdriving them on IC ballasts? I actually started a thread about this store a while back. After going here a few times I really began to despise their way of doing business. If you visit their shop enough, you'll see what I mean.

Here's a link to a thread that I started a while back...
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000374

[ June 14, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Nice prices on Frags $39.99 & $59.99 :eek:

I see the prices haven't changed since I was there last year. :rolleyes:

Steven I think that the first tank is their show tank and they don't sell anything out of it.

Michael

PS: I drive very fast but with all the construction going on it really slow you down.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Nice prices on Frags $39.99 & $59.99 :eek:

I see the prices haven't changed since I was there last year. :rolleyes:

Steven I think that the first tank is their show tank and they don't sell anything out of it.

Michael

PS: I drive very fast but with all the construction going on it really slow you down.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: