C

ccny

Rating - 100%
346   0   0
sorry to hear that samsky. what kind of fish and how big?

i had an experience like that in my 12 gal and my yellow goby. got so worried that i even moved all the rock around to find him. ended up that he died somehow after he was missing for a week. i think one of my bigger hermits gobbled him up. didn't seem to do anything adverse to the tank even though it was only 12 gal.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
It's a coral beauty angel, around 1.5 inch long. I had it for a while, but i think it's been harrased by my new addition to the tank. The fins are nibbed and it's missing so i thought it's dead laying under the rocks. I'll get some clean up crew up since i have none in my tank now. Thanks.

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately, I also have had lots of experience with things dying in my tank...

It is of course best to try to find it and take it out, especially if it was sick but given a tank of your size I think you will be fine. I also have a 90 gallon and have had larger fish than that pass away without me having an opp. to remove them, Getting a cleanup crew is a good idea and just let nature takes it course.

Sorry to hear about your loss if it is indeed true.

LiquidBlues

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
based on my experience.. and my research
it shouldn't be a big factor in your 90G...

i had one of my two clownfish died in my 75G and yes its hard to put into fact that its dead but if you don't see a fish in one day and night... you can say it's dead

and rumbling through the LR will do more bad than good... so i say let it be... OF COURSE if you see it, you should take it out...

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks guys, i still don't see the fish yet. It's probably a goner. I just brought a hermit crab and two peppermint shrimp, hopefully they'll help out in some way. I guess i'll leave the live rocks alone and if i happen to find it, i'll take it out or it's gonna be food for the hermit crab.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: