beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I added a few inches of live sand (prepared for me so...) to my sandbed, probably now 4+ inches deep about 4 months ago. Have noticed a ton of new activity and creatures which I know is good. However, I see tiny white worms (1-2 inches long, very thin) everywhere...

I also see patches of brown ones (with striations) that have popped up exponentially over the past few months. Both appear too thin to be bristleworms (which I have as well) but maybe it is becasue they are too young or completely diff. species. They seem to move based off of water movement.

Should I be worried or happy?

Thoughts certainly appreciated...

Beyond

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be happy. Any life is 99% likely to be good in your tank. The key of the whole thing is to keep the biosphere up. If you have patience everything will even out to good population levels.

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree with Trana here. My little white worms keep my sand bed stirred up well. It use to be booming with alot of cerith snails too, until the mantis in my tank started knocking them off! :mad:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: