Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So, apparently zooplankton only lasts, like, a month after you open the can?? Why do they make such big cans of these things?? And if you didn't write down the date of when you opened it...how do you know it's still good???

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to split cans of these things. I mean, do they expect you to stuff your fish with it?? Sheesh! Can you freeze it?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I put mine in the refrigerator and take it out to feed my tank whenever I want. I think it should last a few month.. haha.. I think as long as you keep it cold in the refrigerator, it should last alot longer.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've kept it in the fridge, though it still looks like a lot of food! I mean, unless you're feeding nothing but zooplankton, several times a day, and you have 40 fish - no way you're going through one of those jars! What a waste!

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Romain, I got the same thing. I think its still alot of food. How do you feed yours?

How are you feeding with the zooplankton? Do you just siphon them out with a tube and blow into the tank or you take out the water in the jar and just feed the zooplankton?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I remember I fed my tank twice a week with this stuff, using a teaspoon to take it out, adding some selcon, then pouring directly into the tank. You're right, it's still a lot of food. I actually ended up with more than half jar going to the trash can, as it smells foul after several weeks.

That's my experience of last year. I personnally don't think it is a nutritional food for your lovely fish. I stick to frozen food now.

My 2 cents.

-romain

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: