ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
when i first got the pulsing xenias 2 monthsago they were pulsing very nice now they just stay there still and barely pulse its that bad?

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea check your water...see if everything's in Par. I noticed that on my previous ones too. However, my recent one sometimes only pulse @ night with the blue LED's on. No one really knows why they pulse but like nanchill said, check your water, it wouldn't hurt. just my two cents.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had the same problem. I originally had them under a single 50/50 no bulb. As soon as I put them under 4 t5 they started pulsing and splitting.

It's either lighting or water quality.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Just to break the general "something might be wrong" that goes around. I have pulsing xenia in two places in my tank, one set pulses the other doesn't. It doesn't mean that any thing is wrong with water quality or lighting, it simply could be that it's in a spot that doesn't allow it to pulse.

High flow usually doesn't allow xenia to pulse, lower flow will.

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
of course...but then we're just saying to check the water...it would't hurt. Nothing could be wrong with the water. But for me, IMO if a xenia pulsed before and it's been pulsing...and then it suddenly stopped and everything else is constant (light, flow, position)...then maybe there's something slightly off with the water (salinity, nitrate, phosphate, iodine-i don't this one's really needed, nitrite, amm...etc.etc.).

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Mine dont's pulse either. for me I assume it's too much flow...

Not that there is an extreme amount of flow in my tank.

I have been told they do best in low flow environments like in tanks with the sea horses...

Just to make sure, you should test your water quality...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: