Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i see GREEN
approve.gif
approve.gif
approve.gif

got the test run on my seaclone, woke up to find a cup of green water
approve.gif
. it took a while to finally adjust the air holes but next time I would definitely pay the extra bucks for a better skimmer. i give the seaclone 4/10.

problem is there is just too much bubbles floating around in the water. anyone have any ideas how to get rid of bubbles? i am planning to run the skimmer at night so i don't see the bubbles :D

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am new to this hobby, but maybe you can put some kind of small filter socks at return outlet?

It was just my thought.

Enjoy reefing!!!!!!!!!

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking for myself I would have to say that as my intrest in the hobby progressed so did my insight on equipment. I my self purchaced a sea clone about 5yrs ago. It was for a 55 gal. LR with some softies. I am sure that at some point there have been other people like us that have bought not so good equipment only to learn and buy something better. If I have learned anything it has been to take advantage of all the information and opinions that ia available from boards. ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS AND GET A FEW OPINIONS BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING.good luck buddy

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Alfani, as Gforce said, a small micron filter bag placed over the outlet will stop most of the bubbles from entering your tank.

As you already heard the seaclone kind of sucks, but it is better than NO skimmer. As long as you keep up with your testing and water changes evernthing should be fine

[ July 03, 2004, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: