Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i have 58 gallon tank that been running for 1 months now. no liverock or anything in the tank yet. i am thinking about tranfering all my liverock from 26 galllon tank to the 58 gallon tank.i also have my lovely coral in the 26 gallon tank. do u guys think the water parameter in 26 gallon tank will change if i take all my liverock from the tank?
will it harms my corals?
like the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
what do u guys think?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Your LR is your filter in the 26gal. Your nitrates will go up and you will mostly have a spike in your tank possibly killing all your corals.

You should either add more LR to the 58gal and let it cycle the tank and then bring over all the LR from the 26gal tank plus the corals. Or you could move all the LR and corals from the 26gal tank into the 58gal tank. Then use the 26gal tank to cure more LR and then add it to the 58gal tank so over time you'll have alot of LR in the 58gal.

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
when i first switch from 10gal to 20gal, i keept all the water from 10gal and add a couple of gal of water a day into new tank. and when i switch from 20gal to 30gal, i did the same and also added some LR, there is some spikes but not enough to harm anything.

now my poor freshwater Discus are stuck in the 20gal tank but i think they are still happy :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: