nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi everyone.

i got a good deal on a used korallin 1502 reactor recently. i have everything set up already to my tank. my output rate for the effluent is now at 40 drops/minute as per the instructions. the problem is everytime i try to start my co2 (meaning turning on the main valve), the regulator shows that the tank pressure is 1000 psi, but the working pressure is at 95 psi!!!! it would go back to zero a few minutes after i close the main valve of the tank. i have a jbj regulator w/ solenoid and have tried moving the needle valve both ways and it shows the same level. obviously when i tried to connect it to the reactor, the pump just popped out of its connections probably from too much pressure going in. is there any way to check if my regulator is broken? is there anything im doing wrong? thanks in advance.

nilo

nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i tried it again and turned the needle valve out as much as i can and the working pressure is now down to 55 psi. i think it's the needle valve that's not working properly. i don't think i can still turn it down more. does anyone know how to fix it or do i need to replace the entire regulator. hopefully not. :(

nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does anyone know which one i can adjust. 1 or 2? thanks.

regulator.JPG

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nilo,

Have you tried contacting JBJ to see if they could help? My regulator came factory pre-set, but if I needed to, I could adjust it where you have "1" pointing to the spot in the picture.

Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not carry this make,but #2 will turn down the pressure(turn counter clockwise), and #1 appears to be a pressure release.Using #2 knob should lower the working pressure and be apparent since you have a dual pressure gauge.Your instructions should recommend a working pressure,but I would not want to go higher then 35PSI Max.The smaller brass knob to the right of the photo is your needle valve and it will adjust the bubble rate.

[ July 14, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Acropora ]

nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks. i actually brought it to a welding shop here in the city and i have it working now albeit with still a higher working pressure of 35 psi but im getting about 8 bubbles/min on it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: