The Purple Rim
PurpleNana.jpg

Purple Nana
PLumBali.jpg

Plum Bali Acro with Green Polyps
BlueTort1.jpg

Thanks Sal!!!! Blue Tort
Tank_1.jpg

Tank with other Purple Rim, Nana, Bali Acro Yello Polyps, brain, etc etc.

[ August 03, 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: House of Laughter ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looks Awesome Jim!!! I love how the cap is growing on the glass. The tank is looking very clean......now just get rid of those damn softies :D

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jackson, Danny thanks -

Danny, I just put new bulbs in (2 -Halide Aqualine Bushke 250w 10k)

What lighting are you running on your tank - also, these monti's are about 10" from the lighting - that will help bring the color out if yours are not coloring up as well. Also, check your alkalinity, mine dropped and I was having color problems too - now that I have it stabilized, it has come back .

House

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speakin of which.. im dosing 2part calcium in my tank but its hard to do it on a regular schedule so i think it changes to much and is a stressor. (my prupe rim is not as bright either)

i have a autotop off running, and been thinkin of adding kalc to the topoff freshwater. what would you reccomend? this would stabilize the alk levels quite a bit no?

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im runnin 2 20k XM Hqi bulbs
and the 4 vhos... plenty of light for sure.

slackin on the water changes... I need to do it more often. thats probly not helping much.

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi! House:

I still have the 10k AB & 20K XM 11 months old (250 watts). Alk is still going up but per my test kit (lamont)only at 7kh. I will be putting in the Ushio 10K & AB 20K bulbs this weekend. My purple rim is about 12 inches from lights under the 20K bulb. My calcium reactor has finally given me a steady effluent drip for a complete week. My alk should be going up.

Dan

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea ill try and remember to take a full tank pic tonight. they are nice lights.. im totally used to the blueish hue now.. its usually the only light in the room so your eyes naturally white balance the available light. I might need to include a photoshoped version and try to show how it looks IRL.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Cool JW - also, maybe too much blue with the 20k's? I am using the 13k, muguls and the purple rim is electric now (given exposure to the new lights over the past 2 weeks.)

Danny,

The pictures I took above are after a week with my new bulbs. About a week prior, that purple rim was not nearly as colorful - older bulbs just at a year old and definately effected the coloring.

Let me know how they look under the AB 2ok's - I'd be interested.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: