KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Knowing that there are quite a few FW fish enthusiasts here at MR, I thought I would mention that the AFISH Convention is here on Long Island this weekend.
It is being held at the Holiday Inn on Vets Highway in Ronkonkoma (by MacArthur Airport).
The Convention is hosted by the following clubs, Nassau County Aquuarium Society, Brooklyn Aquarium Society, Greater City and The Long Island Aquarium Society.
During the day today are a number of popular speakers from David Boruchowitz (Editor of Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine) to Pat Donston who will be speaking about the Immune Systems of the Fishes in our Aquariums (heading off to that lecture shortly! :) Tonight is the Convention Banquet.

On Sunday will be a HUGE auction of FW fish, plants and equipment..last year it took us 6 hours to auction off all of the goodies! For anyone interested in coming by for the auction, it is on Sunday..viewing begins at 9AM and the Auction starts at noon.

A few pics of the vendor room..
PB080001.jpg

PB080003.jpg

PB080005.jpg

Thanks for looking!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just a quick followup about the AFISH Convention...the auction was today and it went very well. Like our swaps here, nobody left feeling they hadn't gotten a number of items they wanted..and at a great price too.
We had 4 different guest auctioneers work the event due to the volume of items donated. The auction went on for 4 1/2 hours!
PB090028.jpg

The Banquet on Saturday night was awesome and the speaker, Chuck Davis, had almost everyone in tears of laughter at some point during his presentation. The party in the bar afterwards was also not to be missed.

For me the very best part of the weekend was the chance to speak with some folks in the hobby that I admire, including Lee Findlay, but most of all it was the hours I spent speaking with the gentleman below who has indirectly (and even more directly after this weekend) has taught me an awful lot about this great hobby...David Boruchowitz, the Editor-In-Chief of Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine :)

PB090018-1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: