ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Jim, that is fantastic piece of tool. One on my wish list all the way on top.. Your're almost there.. Just a few more days left and it will start to work wonders for you..

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i have the same one. let me see if i can get you a pic so you can have an idea :eek:
House of Laughter said:
Tell me, who's your daddy now -

If only I knew how to hook it up :-(

Shaun where are you when I need you?

House

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
here the pics

Attachments

• p9280089 (2).jpg
    p9280089 (2).jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P9280090 (2).JPG
    P9280090 (2).JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P9280091 (2).JPG
    P9280091 (2).JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 40
  • P9280092 (2).JPG
    P9280092 (2).JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P9280093 (2).JPG
    P9280093 (2).JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 40

Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Which iwaki pump is that? You drilled into the top and put the pvc going all the way down? I thought one of the downsides to this reactor was the flow came from the top and wasnt really dispersed. Looks like you solved that problem.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
In pic 1 just shows how you set up the pump, i dont know if you went with a Mag or Iwalki 20 but the pump setup is easy. on the top of the pump you can see that pvc pipe feed the top of the big chamber yours will not be using pvc (you have a different pump but it's still the same setup, your pump should be feeding up to the top of the larger chamber) On the right of the pic you will see 2 hose a black and a white, The black one goes to the top of the bubble counter which you will see on the top of pic2 on top of the co2 tank, the white one feeds the pump from the sump.In pic2 you will see a black tubbing feeding from the top of the larger chamber to the bottom of the smaller chamber. on top of the smaller chamber you will have to screw in the needle valve (pics 3 and 5) that comes with the reactor then you see a white tubing which goes back to your sump.you use the needle vavle to adjust the drip rate.
WHALA, that's pretty much it

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Hitsnorth said:
Which iwaki pump is that? You drilled into the top and put the pvc going all the way down? I thought one of the downsides to this reactor was the flow came from the top and wasnt really dispersed. Looks like you solved that problem.
Nope I didn't, Andy (MRC) did. Andy offers a spray bar option that looks like House did not take, and that's an Iwalki 20

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Spar Bar Upgrade.

Revolutionary spray bar design that mixes the CO2 with the media in a more uniform pattern. The spray bar allows a full concentration of CO2 to penetrate the media allowing for low CO2 consumption. Requires Blue Line 20 HD pump.

Upgrade $45

Attachments

• CCR-645.jpg
    CCR-645.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 35

Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I wish I had that.. Its annoying that it sprays from the top and stirs up the top only. A spraybar would be moving all of it around. Oh well it still works great. Once I have it dialed in I dont even think about alk or calcium anymore.

Im curious in the second chamber the media never seems to go down at all. Is it even being used or do you think the PH has already risen too much by the time it gets into the second chamber that it doesnt even make a difference? I know the effluent by the time it gets out of chamber 2 has risen substantially but I dont know if thats because of the media reaction or not.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: