nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
left_81404.JPG

right_81404.JPG

side_1.JPG

mycedium.JPG

i hope you like them. thanks for looking.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looking good Nilo. I see that stag that you got from me has encrusted
Everything looks healthy. Just curious, do you run carbon? If yes, which brand and how much of it?

nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi rich.

thanks. all the frags i got from you are also all doing great. i do use carbon. i use just the regular carbon bags used for aquaclear HOT filters and change it monthly. i guess i should use a better brand. but it's been keeping my water clear so far.

nilo

nilo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the compliments everyone.

mike-i've had the birdsnest just for 3 days now. all the polyps are out and it seems to be keeping its color so far. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
i have it directly under 1 of my 175W 10k XM MH ~6-7 inches w/ very strong random flow around it.

jim-i did keep it higher when i got it but my urchin kept knocking it over. im still trying to find a stable place for it. it kept its dark green color but the purple rim faded a bit. it's starting to show some new purple over the past week and hopefully it would continue its comeback.one more thing, i read that you were using 250w 10k AB MH, do you have any experience w/ the 175W AB 10k? i was wondering if it would help w/ some colors. thanks again.

nilo

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I had one that was that pink color, under PC lights, and it grow very well but it start to turn golden or brown over time. The other problem I had was my Turbo snails keep knocking it over into my Pagoda and Hairly Mushrooms. I think they're pretty hardy just kinda hard to keep the pink color. Anyway good luck it's a great looking coral.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I do - I started with the AB 175's but wasn't enough intensity due to the distance to the sand bed - since I like to have clams, I needed to upgrade. Now I have dual 250s and just bought new bulbs - the purple is exquisite now, a must see.

Jim

[ August 16, 2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: House of Laughter ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: