I

imported_blaze43

I've been reading this forum for a while, i just haven't posted yet but i wanted to let you guys know about a new store i just found while driving around. Its called seatopia in ridgefield NJ about 5 min from the GWB. Some of the nicest fish and coral ive seen in awhile. Im always at absolutely but seatopia's prices are so much lower. I was talking to one of the guys there and he said they are brand new just open for a year now. Check out the website for directions www.seatopiaaquatics.com

anybody else heard of these guys?

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
been there many times. there selection is good not nearly as good AF, but the prices are better.

Not much as far as corals are concerned though.
just one tank with a handful of SPS and another tanks with about 5 peices of LPS and softies, not much else.
it's worth a trip though. they are very helpful.

Frank

I

imported_blaze43

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
well i was there over the weekend and i saw about 30 high end acros with crazy colors. also a good selection of softies, i picked up 2 nice zoo rocks that have about 5 differnt color zoos on each rock, they opened up that night. alot of frags and leathers, everything had bright colors to it and looked healthy IMO, and the craziest piece i ever saw was this Xlarge moon brain with 2 nice yellow leathers attached and it was only like 150

also if you go there ask to see their filtration.......its sick, huge sand filters with like 10 foot skimmers, the most serious operation ive seen.

I

imported_blaze43

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
they had acouple different sizes, small nano pieces with a lot of color which were about 1" - 3" for 39.99. then they had nice size colonies about 3"-6" with crazy blue and purple tips for about 120, i think. also a huge light green SPS (i dont know what species it was im still new) about 8-9" across with the longest polyps ive ever seen for $250.

for the rest of you out there i also saw a red goniopora for the first time, a maze brain and a huge colt leaher........sorry thats all i can remember. I'll have to make another trip....

I

imported_blaze43

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
to me the prices were reasonable compared to what ive seen at other stores to the quality i saw at seatopia. especially when you look at the sizes and the colors. ive been going to other shops for awhile now and ive bought smaller pieces than i saw, for more money.

am i doing something wrong???

I

imported_blaze43

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
so what you are saying is forget about the store. let them die off and we could do this ourselves. Much cheaper sound like a good idea but what about products and advise.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
advice from a lfs is rarely good. it usually results in the customer buying something completely unnecessary or harmful to the tank, such as a tang in a 10 gallon or a trigger in an reef loaded with inverts.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey!!! my friend has a 5'' blue throat that sleeps in the same cave as his fire shrimp...There are some triggers that are considered reef safe.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: