Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
finally i got my chiller yesterday . i decided to go with 1/2 hp for my tank from aqua medic. the seller give me a free pump to run with this chiller but there is something fishy about it. th e pump is ca-800 that run 480 g/h, but its only use 12 watt electricity, and when i start the pump it feel like iam running rio 800.mag drive 500 that run 500 gal/hr use 45watt. did u guys think this i possible to run a pump with a little bit electic but it has a lot of power. my water temp were drop, alright! but my whole living room were hot like hell, and the chiller been running like a horse too.
so what do u guys think??

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Justin,

The chillers throw off a ton of heat, that's the nature of them. Some of the newer models are more efficient than others. Mine will increase my house temperature allot - last night when I came home from work, my temp in the house was 83 - the tank temp was 83.

When th heat gets crazy outside, I'll turn my house air conditioner on and that will balance the temp out and my tank will drop to 80.5 (this is what my chiller is set at.

As for the pump, I have no experience with that model, but I believe the pump has nothing to do with the heat - as for the tank taking along time to drop in temp and the chiller working hard, that is somewhat normal for this time of the year when the heat outside is high - especially on a day like today or tomorrow where the temp will be 85 and maybe even 90 tomorrow. Additionally, Humidity takes it's toll as well.
It could be 74 degrees outside with high humidity, and I experience the same problem - I just turn on the air at home and it balances out within an hour or so. Keeping in mind that home air conditioners aslo condensate water from the air.

Good you have the chiller, though and hope all works out for you.

House

[ August 28, 2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: House of Laughter ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: