littlefish

Alfredo De La F? Sr
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a green carpet anemone that has grown way out of proportion.
Can some one tell me how do I get it out.
I tried but it's stuck to the bottom of my tank.
I would like to trade it.

Nycifer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a turkey baster to blast water at the base which causes mine to release it's foot. I've done it several times when it has moved into harms way with no ill effect. How large is the one you have and what are you looking to trade for?

Hope this helped, Michael

Nycifer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a lot of ifs Justin. If this carpet is the size of mine, and has it's foot buried in the substrate and attached to the tank bottom, you can move aquascape all day and it'll stay put. Mine also will avoid attaching only to rock, perferring atleast part of its foot buried in the sand and holding the bottom. I've had my carpet over 2 years and used this method several times, once to move the entire system. Each time the carpet has reattached in the new location immediately with no problems. I've also seen people at the LFS use a metro card to slowly lift the foot from the glass, but this seemed dangerous to me. Good luck littlefish with what ever method you choose.

Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
you could shade the light directly above the anemone with a small ceramic plate/dish or like safe obstruction between the light and the water surface. This is an easy an gentle way to move most anemones (they will crawl onto the rubble and into brighter light)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: