House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I came home today to a 60ft tree that fell on my roof over the corner of the house where my 92g corner tank resides

Tree_RC_Post.jpg

Ooooo! So close -

House

Melt

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
if everyone is well.thats all that counts...with life you can replace . with out life you can't replace...

sorry to hear that

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
HOLY CRAP JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is too close of a call. I would break out the chainsaw and cut down all the trees in reach of the tank ;) Hope everything else is ok

[ September 10, 2004, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
woah, thats a big tree to fall down just like that. was it THAT windy yesterday?
and Jim. a tree fell on your house and the first thing you do is post a pic of it on Manhattan Reefs? wow, you are loyal!

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Holy smokes, sorry to hear about this. Glad no one was hurt, especially the tank!

How bad is the damage to the house? The REEF GODS must have been watching over your tank, that really was a close call!

Good luck!

[ September 10, 2004, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: heuerfan ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
:eek:
Definately a close call. At least you will have plenty of fire wood for the winter or you could cut that sucker up and build your own custom made tank stand, :D .

Glad no one was hurt also.

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank GOD all is well and that only the tree fell. Im sure the family will enjoy planting the new one. Last I saw we had pretty close to five hundred members. Lets say we all plan a group pass by and help Jim get rid of the tree. break out the axes and the lemonaid!!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All,

Thanks for the kind words and wishes - I am not sure, but I think Heuerfan was right, the reef gods were looking over me - no power loss, no major damage (mostly cosmetic aluminum gutters etc) and no one was home at the time. Repairs wont even exceed my homeowners policy deductible - go figure.

The irony is that we talked about taking this tree down last week - weird how stuff like that happens.

Well, my neighbor was kind enough to let me use his chain saw (big boy power tools rule) - and after a full day of serious manual labor ( I never knew trees weighed that much) I finished cutting it up and sorting out the branches etc. Sollby, if only we had a fireplace we could return our new boiler :)

All I can say is that it was one of the most unbelievable things I have ever seen.

Thanks again for the kind words - onto really business - anyone want to buy some corals :)

Jim

[ September 10, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: House of Laughter ]

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
WOW. Glad everyone's ok Jim. Looks like the tree heard you were thinking about cutting him down, so he said "If I am going down, I am gonna take some peopel with me"....

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi Jim:

I am glad to hear no one was hurt but that's close.I have similar problem with a monster maple tree in the front of my house & since it is near the curb I cannot cut it down until (per town supervisor)it dies which then could be to late.

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: