Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Is it common for Zoos to migrate across your tank? I placed my tiger eye zoos on the substrate on the bottom left side of my tank and now have a small colony of 5 polyps growing near the upper right middle section of my tank- since last night! Its not like they spread from the rock to an adjoining rock- this is a large leap!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There is something down the hole...

It has been 10 mins since my last post...

The aforementioned zoos are now gone...

There is something down the hole...

I am going in after it...

Wish me luck...

Wish me luck....

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
ummm...yeah. all that 'drama' for nothing. they just got sucked up into the AquaClear- saved them though while they were stuck to the intake filter, hopefully they won't get sucked up again.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
it reminded me of The Lord of The Rings-- "drums, drums in the deep...they are coming."

love that part!

btw- no one has answered me about zoo migration- which actually has happend! I had though they were being taken down the hole they had settled on by something (or that something had taken them, like a decorator crab might do...). They are looking great now- and in their new location- I can't even tell where on the original frag they came from!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
well the migrating zoos weren't there today- maybe i should have glued them in place after the last incident... they were looking sweet too! Hopefully they weren't eaten and just moved to another part of the tank....

It gets me thinking- were these rogue zoos just a suicide squad sent out to appease whatever is eating my zoos, as a zoo sacrifice? Noble zoos they were then, sacrificing themselves so that the larger colony could live...I salute them.

I pray for their safe return...

:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: