J

june

How can I find out if my 2nd floor apt(uptown manhattan...harlem) can support the weight of a 90G?

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 gal of water weighs about 8 lbs. so 8X90+100(LR?)+50 Misc.= Aprox 870Lbs So have a party or a frag swap and ask ten people to stand in the spot your thinking to place the tank If they dont crash the floor and end up down stairs your set.(LOL) I think most floors in big buildings are geared to hold up to more than 1000 lbs. Hay look at Vic he has a 180 lives on the second floor last I saw his tank was still in his apartment.

J

june

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea but dont forget angel......i live in harlem uptown.....i dont think the buildings are that strong here...lol

Melt

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i live in ENY and i got a 120g with a 20g sump .and I am on the second floor.....do like me .

if you want to know if it can support it put it ... and you will see.thats what i did and it's over a year..

before the 120g i had a 90g in the same spot for over 4 years....

it will be fine

J

june

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
heheh very true....but dont want to find out the consequences if it can't support it ya know...lol

J

june

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
ha ok if i get it n crashes thru.....imma blame it on your and your peer pressure...lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: