beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was at the the new store that opened on 11th Ave a few days ago, chattin with a fellow Brooklyn Reefer. He mentioned that there was another store that opened up on 7th Ave in the 50's. Anybody know of this store? if so, is it any good?

Thanks!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never heard of the place ,,but there lots of store opening ,bvut the question is how long they stay open ,,most of the local stores use reg tap water wih some ,addtives ,like stress coat and bs like tht ,,to tell you the truth most local places get from the same suppliers i get from ,as they tell me they have some stores that buy from them with some name tell ask if i know ,,but its the quality we are looking for in the LSF ,and service ,

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear ya Ronin, just curious to see if other MR's have checked it out... supposedly a better coral supply and setup than 11ave with decent prices, but who knows.

I am back in NYC, took the red eye back last night. All seems well with the tank except for I am in need of a snail recharge to combat some algae... other than that, all good. How is biz? Do you still have a lot leftover from your last order? I can swing by tomorrow!

Nick

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have some zoo and mushrom from the last ordrr ans some from the new ,,nice frogspawns ,ans brain,imhome just call before coming by ,

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I was there a few weeks ago and it sucked. Nothing in there but stuff you flush. Store looked promising from the outside and could be great 'cause they have the space but they need alot of help.

Kasei

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
place is chinese owned its on 8th ave and 59th street -=) quite tiny store its on 58th so it might be hard to find its around the corner of 8th and 58th

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i like the place on 11th ave supply lots of fishes but then these past weeks they are empty if u stop by wait a while im there like once or twice a week to see whats up with their livestock but i don't think u should travel out of ur way to go there at tis moment just bunch of tanks filled with water

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
there is a little place on 8th ave and 50th (I think?) it's near maimondes hosp.
I stopped there when I had mt angiogramdone a last year. not a whole lot od Salt but what he had was pretty nice. he had some corals hard and soft prices were right.
It's chines owned sign is yellow with red writing. I havent been there in a few months

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
they same guy that use to sell fresh water fishes with alil salt water fishes on 58th and 8th ave opened a all salt place right around the corner thats what i was tryin to let him know

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sure about the place on 8th and 50th... I went to the place on 59th... was a waste of time... i cant stand when people smoke into their tanks... but that is a pet pieve.

ANyway, the fish looked ok but not that great prices and could have been treated with copper... not enough coral to even make the trip...

Net, net, not worth it.

N

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lol 11th ave was better untill they are dead out of stock lol and that tank of sick blue hippos i saw =X and the place on 8th and 50th have nice stuff but limited supplys small stores

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: