Rating - 100%
103   0   0
flat worm exit trial update

hi guys yesterday was a huge day for me for the first time i used a chemical in my tank to get rid of a pest. ive been scared for weeks on using flat worm exit. ive been reading all over the net on the process of killing them and i had to use the juice. since thur ive been siphoning 5g of water till sunday . i removed as much fw as possible, and spoke to masterswimmer a dozen of times . i have to admit i was really scared of his tactics because all types of people had there own answer for my problem , i was really confused and was even worried to a point that i said if every thing in my tank dies im out! ill keep all my hardware stuff just in case one day but everything else is sold! so today i said lets go . so when i dosed my tank i went by the manual i wanted to go by russ example but i was scared if something went wrong i didnt want to feel like its his fault so i said im going by the manual it came with, master swimmer if u read this in no way im dissing u straight up u been very very helpful and i thank u for that! so i dosed 60 drops and wow they started to come out like crazy i dosed 35min later another 60 and a little more came out, after i was done i did follow russ instructions . i did c like 2 or 3 more im goin to follow russ advice and siphon for 3 days and do another treat ment , ohhh i forgot to say i have a 55g reef with a 10g sump and i brought 2bottles. i want to thank russ for givin me great advice and all mh people for helping me out. ill keep u guys posted on thur trial.:givebeer: ohh i forgot to say i didnt lose one coral thanks to russ!!

Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I've used that product before and have had no issues with it. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. Be careful of excessive carbon use as it clears up the water rather quickly!

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Tip after you use flat worm exit, or if you don't use it at all or if dosn't work.. If your able to grab your rock work that has no coral or wanted growth , I do a fresh water dip on the rocks and watch the flat worms exit the rocks, get your twizzer ready.. for me I feel this is a safer way than to kill all the flat worms at once with a chemical,,and risk a spike.more of a tedious process , still not a 100% effective but will help out ,and keep them in control. Remember Nature!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jadakiss, I just saw your thread. Don't worry about dissing me. You're the one that needed to be comfortable with this treatment. I know just how scarey it is to add chemicals to the reef that you KNOW for a fact is meant to kill something.

It sounds like everything went well. Very glad to hear it. Looks like Melev had a similar devise that I described to you.

Keep us posted on the success or heaven forbid, failure of this treatment.

Glad I could be of assistance to you.

Russ

ABOOGIELIVE05

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Am So Happy Everything Went Well For My Boy Jadakiss. I Have Never Seen Him So Scared About Something Before (had Me Worried). Ive Been Telling Him To Do It But He Just Kept Stalling With Every Right Too. Thanx To Wonderful Advice From Fellow Manhattan Reef Members And Good Friends All Ended To A Positive Outcome.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
how long you dip rock in fresh ?

you will see the flat worms litterly jump out of the rock at this point when you put the rocks in fresh water. note this might kill some good biologics in the rock, but alot of the flat worms will exit, not 100% effective but you should eradicate a good percentage. then Flat worm exit could be use with out the fear of a 1000 flat worms dieing all at once , possiably raising ammonia levels ..
This could be a tedious process but if you have sensitive species in your tank this is a good way to ensure no spikes in levels .. always use your best judgment. good luck .. flat worms aren't the end of things. there's alot of natural predators that will eat flats worms too, some work some dont..Some should eat them and they dont welcome to the wonderful world of reefs ..

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
well today guys i added 70 drops for the first 30 min and then after i added 80 drops i saw 2 tiny ones i siphon them and saw a medium 1 also . sunday i will add the rest of the bottle to the tank. so far so good ive been checking the tank every 5min to see if i see a fw i havnt seen no more, i will blow more with a power head all over my tank on sunday just in case but i feel i have no more. ill keep u guys posted

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The only way I've been able to get rid of them totally is to do the above two treatments, then add a small squirt of FWE to the tank every other day for 3 weeks. Yes, 21 days.

After I did that, they haven't returned!.

Then I put a frag in the tank without FWE treatment, and I got them again. I'm in the middle of the squirt every other day now. one more week and I'm good.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: