dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How does your overflow boxes look like? those bother you too?

The overflow boxes look ugly, and they bother me all the time. However, what can you expect if you have a not so forgivable wife who only gives you certain limited budget and time?

I would Imagen 8 lockline outlets on the surface of the tank should be an announce in your standards as well.

You are correct, and I am still trying to improve after learning 20 years.

I only clean the Tunze pumps when the alarm comes on, so I have seen the maximum calcification before each cleaning.

It?s a little too late when the alarm comes on. Any pump in reef tanks needs to be cleaned at least once every 6 month to prolong your investment, period.

I like the part about "not as damaging".. You said any coral in front of the wave box will be blasted to death.. You mean you are not putting corals directly in front of the locline nozzles? The outlet of the wavebox is 2.5" circle, I can't see any reason you can't avoid placing corals 6" in front of it while you have no problem moving loclines around. BTW, what kind of pump is used with the OM and 1/4" nozzles? 1/4" does not provide much flow, even eight of them.

It?s much easier to move lockline nozzles to your desired directions than to move the wavebox. Meanwhile, lockline nozzles take much less space than wavebox. I am only using a Reeflo Hammerhead (5,700 gallon per hour) to run 4 tanks with a total water volume 750 gallon. Many hobbyists focus on the flow volume, but forgot the velocity.

I have never seen a standard OM equipped tank making a significant wave motion, maybe your tank is special and you should shot some videos of that to share.

Sorry, I have to buy a video camera first. Here is an old picture of another tank in the same system. You can see 4 nozzles operated through OM on the side of each overflow box, and 2 wavysea in the center. No wavebox, no powerhead, no Tunze. Minimum maintenance.

mini-80205051.jpg

In any case, I don't need to attend a LIRA meeting to see your tank, as I own a few tanks which uses multiple Tunzes, OM, sea swirls, wave2K, and other water movement devices to form my own opinions.

And LIRA board is a bunch fame (in some cases, money) grabbing individuals, the worst club I have ever got involved with.

I don?t know the old story of LIRA. I just joined the club and started to lend my office free of charge for their monthly meeting 2 years ago, donate some corals and food, meet lots of hobbyists and make lots of friends, and I am looking forward to seeing you one day in the LIRA meeting and MR swaps.

James

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
i believe it is a 6101 pump that is housed in the acrylic box ( If i had the sheets of acrylic i would just make my own box that houses the pump alot cheaper and there is a lot of DIY showing sizes to build your own on RC)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: