Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
2965 Hempstead Turnpike
Levittown, NY 11756-1330
516-731-9344

I was just over there to get some food for a small holding tank I am setting up to start collecting the fish I want for my reef. When I got there they were opening boxes and acclimating Fish and Coral from a delivery today. Lots of mixed rocks with mushrooms and Polyps... few other things as well. They were selling Coral Beauties for $15.99

Just figured I would mention it... The one closer to me doesn't have much... the one in Levittown has tons of fish and coral now too...

Rich

ps. most important part I forgot... coral was pretty cheap.. $25 - $35

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
They also are starting to culture live rock. The Petco in poughkeepsie just got remodeled and are doing the same thing. The really great thing about Petco is the prefer to sell tank bred fish before wild caught fish from what I understand.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
my friend sells to pecto, its mostly the same fish you'd get at a LFS just with a lower mark-up. Only reason they sell is cheaper is because they dont invest in good equipment and need to push it fast. Thats why if u see their fish, most r dead and/or full of ich.

petco by my house has a coral tank, its only 35gallons. and everything in it is dead :irked:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
drunktank said:
petco by my house has a coral tank, its only 35gallons. and everything in it is dead :irked:
That becaus they let every JOe shom work in petco ,if one person was in charge ,(someone that know just the basic)then it wil be fine ,But since half of them know just as much about reefing as my 3 yr old niece , then that is the outcome ,dead corals :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: