drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
damn that is far. i was thinking of taking a ride there but i dont think ill do it for 3-4 bags of it.

well depending on the price per bag i'm picking up probably 2 extra bags, i'll let u know if i get them. U can pick it up at my house which is a hell of a lot closer :p

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Southdown

Drunktank,

I would really like to get my hands on some for my fuge but NJ is kind of a stretch for me. If you are ever in Manhattan or Brooklyn let me know and I will buy a bag off you.

E

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
sad news. They only had quickcrete (sp?) sand which is a noo as far as iknow. Iasked customer service about it, they had no idea what it was. went outside to garden show and the guy there knew exactly what i wanted and what iwantedi t for, but as far as he knows, Home Depot will not be getting itanymore because the supplier can no longer ship it/dredge it.

only white sand and its not aquarium safe :(

gonna keep trying a few other homedepots before igive up

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
drunktank said:
already have, he wants 2 much $
i don't know but 80.00 for over 100lbs of live sand didn't seem too much for me. i know i paid alot more then that and i was delivering it to you at least to the otherside of the bridge so i'll make a deal with you 65.00 and you pick it up tomorrow and you can keep the buckets they come in. how's that for a deal

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Southdown

Reefer420

whats the deal w/ southdown? why do so many people want it?

Southdown is fine sugar-sized aragonite sand. Usually sugar sized aragonite comes in 10 - 20 lbs bags for about $20 a piece. Southdown comes in 50 lbs bags for $3-5. Aragonite buffers your PH automatically, when the PH hits a certain point a little bit of the aragonite dissolves and adds calcium and brings the PH back to where it is supposed to be. Sugar sized is great for gobies and other sand sifters.

The only two negatives that I have heard about SD is that it is maybe too fine and will blow around too easily, and that somehow it has led to algae blooms. I have no personal experience with it because I was never able to find any but if anyone gets some I would love to test it in my fuge.

E

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: