Hitsnorth

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have the opportunity to buy the original Spectrapure Liter Meter(1 channel rather then the III which has 3 channels) for $95 shipped.

Does anyone use this? Is it really worth $95 when its used? I have heard that they run a little noisy is that true too?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I bought mine used for $100 or so. I'm really glad I boght one. Saved a LOT of work topping off. Considering the new ones are around $250, they're definately worth it.

Mine was in a cabinet below my tank. (the tank sat on my desk. I didn't seem to notice the noise that much.

However, I don't like the idea of paying $15 for replacement tubing. when I need a new piece, I'm going to sink $50 or so into a full roll (25') and sell pieces of it cheap!

BC

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
BC, I'll buy a piece of it too! I have the original liter meter. It works great but sounds like a sewing machine.

How often do you supposed to change the tubing? and....What part of the tubing must you replace?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think you're supposed to change it every 6 months or so. But that may just be a marketing ploy. The one I have in there now is about a year old. All you have to do is turn the tube a little, or move it a little one direction or the other, so the squeezers from the pump don't flatten out the tubing. I'll definately post when I get the roll.

BC

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: