Mantis806

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
does anyone in the queens area have a ph buffer? i'm doing hyposalinity in a hospital tank right now and my last test came out with a 7.4 ph!!! need a buffer quick.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have it, But I guess it is too late. Let me know, If you still need it. I will wating for you till 1:30.
Sent pm for my number and location

Jung

[ December 14, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: gforce6 ]

Lana

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You can use some washing soda, or get some baking soda - bake it, then use it (you can use your oven to bake out the CO2 from Baking Soda.
Make sure the baking/washing soda doesn't have any scent added.

Sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda) to raise ALK without raising PH.

Sodium carbonate (washing soda) to raise ALK and PH.

You can buy washing soda in the detergent section of most grocery stores. Arm and Hammer in a medium sized box.

DO NOT Overdose. Don't use more then 1 level teaspoon per 50 gal of water.

Mantis806

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
thanks for everyone's help. and thanks a lot to jung for actually waiting up for me till 1:30, even though i didn't get a chance to stop by your place. i dripped about a quart of kalk over the span of several hours and did a massive 50% water change with 1.009sg water. i also lowered the water level a few inches so that the water coming off the biowheel will have more "air time" before re-entering the column. all parameters check out good right now.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Good to hear, hope you didn't lose anything. Usally the Ph drop when you first start doing the Hypos but once you get the SG at the right level the Ph seems to hold. I know when I did it the Ph drop and I buffer the water and got the Ph up and it stood there for the whole time I did the Hypos which was about 6 weeks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: