jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
inkblue said:
yuP... i beLieve they have 3 more. pRetty cLean, run by some asiAn guYs :usa1: gottA support asiaN businesSes you know what i mean :lol: :approve:

no what do you mean? I thought we were all the same when it came to reefing :usa1:

do they still not have the prices listed on there tanks? that part I did not like.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just ask. If you don't like the prices, you don't have to buy. I haven't had any issues with pricing, and I'm not afraid to ask. They even give prices over the phone.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The thing is, they're still setting up. Brand new. The most important thing is that they keep the fish and other livestock healthy. They seem to be doing fine in that regard. Give 'em time to work it all out.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It is a nice place. I went when it was really cold last week, and had a few blocks to walk. Mind you I only bought 2 items: a 6-line, and a coral banded shrimp. They went in the back and gave me a styrofoam shipping box! Just so my purchase wouldn't freeze! Tha't a bit more than I expected. I can't wait until they get the reef tanks cycled!

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i had an issue with there goldflake that i wasnt to fond of. they got it eating well and then upped the price when they told me that they could do something for me . other then that they are ok guys and i did see there system and it is a clean one and effective. still young though. maybe in time they will get everything up and runnign to the level that we want them to be at which would be full blown everything. give it time it will be there, i am sure of it. there reefs system just got started about 2 weeks ago.

they did well with me on the imperator.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I was there on Friday and it's pretty good. I got 3 Blue/Green Chromises for $10. Besides having prices on the tanks I wish they'd also list the fish that are in the tank. Sometimes you just aren't sure and kinda feel stupid asking, you know?? :banghead: The good thing for me is that they're pretty close to where I live; a few train stops away and half a block from the train.

BTW, so far the Chromises have been a success. Zooming around the tank and, I think, getting everyone else to come out more. It's been hectic in there.

They also had Hippo Tangs in there, by the way. Oohhhh, I was so tempted. Someone please tell me it's ok to put a Hippo in my tank with a Yellow Tang! :)

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Gmandese said:
Just ask. If you don't like the prices, you don't have to buy. I haven't had any issues with pricing, and I'm not afraid to ask. They even give prices over the phone.

I don't like places that don't have prices list as those type of place usally size you up before giving you a price on some thing. It doesn't take much to get a marker and write the price down on the front of the tank.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Get a small one but not those really small ones as they have a real bad survial rate. Try and get one about a quarter or slightly larger size, must better survial rate. In time it will out grow the tank so be prepare to either upgrade or sell it to some one in a larger tank.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hmm... An upgrade is not in the stars in the foreseeable future. And I'd hate to give a fish away like that. Especially a Hippo since I do want one. So...I'll just have to wait until I do upgrade (in 20-30 years.) :irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: