D

DEEPWATER

WARNING TO ALL SEN PUMP USERS !!!

Well as we all know we had a prob withthe mag drive pumps screws rusting on us ,
Well i can a cross another pump that does the same ,but this freaking pcs of chit rstedin 3 months time and i mean bad,I called the company and they are some off the boat type ppl,barly speaking english ,well just a BIG AS WARNING AGAIN TO ALL SEN PUMP USERS CHECK OUR YOUR IMPELLER WHERE THE MAGNET IS IN ,
Here re some pics ,of the impeller ,pls guy if you are using MAG DRIVE PUMPS AND NOE SEN PUMP YOU MUST CHECK IT OUT VERY WELL IN OUT UP OR DOWN <
Now i know what happened to my zoos :irked:

Attachments

• DSCN3162.jpg
    DSCN3162.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN3163.jpg
    DSCN3163.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN3164.jpg
    DSCN3164.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 165

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
is the impeller wrapped in metal? and is it de-laminating?

that's messed up Ronen. at least you found out what was going on, I hope that solves the mystery's of the slimy zoa's

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
is the impeller wrapped in metal? and is it de-laminating?

that's messed up Ronen. at least you found out what was going on, I hope that solves the mystery's of the slimy zoa's
YEah seem like they wrapped it with a Stainless steal bs thing ,took it off ,i spoke to the owner as i vendor in NY (that helped ) But he explaned that the coating is messed up and he is looking iton the mess up ,and will send me a new impeller ,other wise ,ppl make sure if you ahve these pumps to check ,thx g-d or is too bad that it hit my expensive zoas ,
lost my RPE about 15 polyps ,Safecrackers baout 25 polyps ,and firecracker zo ansbout 50 polpys ,but the cheaper one it did get ,and i think i saved the rest of the tank ,so thats good

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey, you might want to run a polypad to try and soak up the remaining metals in the water. or do a 100% water change, good thing your tanks are not huge.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
hey, you might want to run a polypad to try and soak up the remaining metals in the water. or do a 100% water change, good thing your tanks are not huge.
poly pad are already running 2 of them cut to size ,and a new bag of chemi pure ,
going to do a 25 gal water chage tomorrow morning ,making up water now .
i dont think im in the mood for a 100% right now ,ill do another 25 gal the next day ,
thing are ok i nthe tank ,nothing else got infected ,only my head trying to figure out what happen and then looking at the skimmer ,it want working correct so took it and the pump part.

Im a strong believer tha thing just dont happen in a tank ,something has to cuz it>thk g-d i caught it this time . :knockedou
lost some stuff ,but better then the the entire tank :shhh:

hannahsmom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem makes two products that will help first is a rechargable one that is called purigen think it is one bag per 100-150g of water works like 300% better than carbon. The other item you can try is Cuprisorb it is for copper and heavy metals I think it can be recharged also but not for sure on that. They are pretty inexpensive but work awsome. I use the purigen now instead of carbon. It also clarifies your water and makes it look sooo much better. The pump when you say sen is that the full name? because I am about to order a pump and I want to make sure I stay away from that brand for sure...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sean said:
Thanks for the heads up
Are Sen pumps distributed by Won Brothers?
yes they are ,spoke to him on the phone ,he states that i should clean every month ,but it has nada to tdo with it ,its 2 month old pump by the looks its been like that for a month already

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hannahsmom said:
Seachem makes two products that will help first is a rechargable one that is called purigen think it is one bag per 100-150g of water works like 300% better than carbon. The other item you can try is Cuprisorb it is for copper and heavy metals I think it can be recharged also but not for sure on that. They are pretty inexpensive but work awsome. I use the purigen now instead of carbon. It also clarifies your water and makes it look sooo much better. The pump when you say sen is that the full name? because I am about to order a pump and I want to make sure I stay away from that brand for sure...
I heard of this product and going to my LFS tomorrow mornign i remember the guy saying he has them instock ,thx for the reminder :knockedou

hannahsmom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
I heard of this product and going to my LFS tomorrow mornign i remember the guy saying he has them instock ,thx for the reminder :knockedou

You can always order online but obviously you need them quick right now but if you have a local petsmart they almost always have it in stock. The purigen will be with the freshwater carbon area generally. The cuprisorb will only be in a SW fishstore.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I always wonder when I come across an incident regarding a small amount of rust resulting for either an impellar or the Mag screws that causes some fatalities in our tanks, because isn't Phosban & Rowaphos (ferric oxide hydroxide) a type of rust?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
pecan2phat said:
I always wonder when I come across an incident regarding a small amount of rust resulting for either an impellar or the Mag screws that causes some fatalities in our tanks, because isn't Phosban & Rowaphos (ferric oxide hydroxide) a type of rust?
Im sure its not the same type or rust thou.
for one rowa and phosban take out thing ,where the rust off your mag drive and now sen pump are letting out rust into your tank ,.In not a chemist or anything ,JMO

R32Brightliner

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ferric oxide hydroxide is not rust. But, it is a ferric molecule. Apparently it works to bind phosphate by staying in solution in ionic form (the oxide hydroxide part) to bind phosphate. The oxygen molecule rearranges its ionic bonds when it comes in contact to phosphate in order to bind it.

Rust IS another ferric molecule, but rust's chemical name Ferric oxide or Fe2O3.

That's about as much chemistry I can remember at 1:30am...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: