Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So, I know one can give things like romaine lettuce and broccoli (which part of broccoli?) to Tangs. What the recipes? I've seen one that says "frozen." Do you just freeze a piece and then defrost it and put it into the tank? Or is there more to it? Also I've seen "boiled." I'm wondering if in the process of cooking you're not cooking the vitamins out of the veggies.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i use romain, to keep them busy...it's like candy :)
I just dip the full leaf into boiling water for 3sec, then run cold water on it, then clip it to the tank. I then freezing & boiling just soften/breaks down the cell walls so the fish can rip it easily.
I do also feed nori on a regular basis.

Peter

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I alternate giving my Yellow Tang (and Coral Beauty) green and red algae sheets, but wondered about giving them more variety. I'd read about romaine lettuce... One can soak it in vitamins for more nutritional value...no?

The most recent mention about romaine lettuce came in the current Marine Fish magazine. There's an article on Tangs and the author talks about lettuce/broccoli.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tang Food

My tangs love Marine Green 40 Flakes made by HBH
Its made up of Spirulina, Spinach, Zucchini, Pea, and Romain lettuce...
They also have the same flakes with garlic....

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i would think the little bits of brocolli would polute the tank. as far as nori, and seaweed go, try to buy two kinds, i believe there is a green and a purple one. i alternate

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: