samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
:irked: what are the many things that affect PH? The PH on my main tank from PH test was read 8.2 last week mabe a couple days ago? and today it read 8.8?
what can i do to lower PH and rasie PH to be stable atleast stable for a couple of days without jumpin up and down?

the PH on my QT tank always drops to 7.8 and i use propher PH to rasie it to 8.2 but it drops after a couple of days slowly.

but the main tank? im not sure why the PH went to 8.8 todays?

thanks in advance dudes~!

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've found i haven't had a pH since i stopped testing for it.
What are you using to test?
Take the test the same time, it changes a few times daily.
CO2 & lime water will raise it
Too much CO2 can keep it high.

Post the rest of your results and Test Kits.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
hmmm so everytime when your suppose to dose alk, iodine, and cal it will also affect the PH? i just did the test again and it read 8.2 ??? does the PH goes up and down dependin on time of day?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
so is it okay for it to hit 8.8 during the night but stay at 8.2 durin the day? or should i find a solution to drop it alil? mabe some seltzer water or viniger? leave it alone? and see if it stables up? i believe i read somewhere that its normal to fluctuate from time of day? is that tru? so if it does whats the best range the PH should be in? lower it to 7.8 in the mornin and read around 8.2 at night? or just leave it at 8.2 in the mornin an 8.8 at night? not rilly understanding. oceans PH stays at a constint 8.2?
best PH range is 8.2? but is that the middle point? lets say like 7.8 in the mornin 8.0 in the afternoon and 8.2 at night? is that how it works? sorry if i sound so lost but i never knew PH flex high and low thru out the day?? thanks guys

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lol deanos i read the whole thing already thanks, but i feel lost i think its my ADD problem lol. i don't think i found anywhere that would say my PH will raise and fall that much within the day and night differnce? i tested it twice last night just to be sure? but im possitive it read 8.8 and i just checked like 10 mins ago it said 8.2 i check it twice again still 8.2? *sratchin head* isn't that a rilly high change from time of day??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: