ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
4 days, huh.. most likely a gonna if it past the one week period. So you still might have a slim chances it pop back out.

Best of luck. I just got one that look very similar.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
regal said:
Do you have a wet-dry filter/sump? I used to have goby and clown that went through the overflow into the sump and getting caught on the bio-ball chamber.

Checked that already, not sure what happened.
I've lost small fishes before, but this fish is almost 2"!

Barnacle_Blenny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
IMO you may have a hungry crab. I had a problem losing little fish until i set a trap and caught three of these evil bastards. I was amazed since I had never seen them and my live rock was shipped dry to me.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, I'm monitoring the amonia level right now daily.
Nothing yet, I only have 2 small hermits and alot of snails, no feeding frenzy w/the snails as of yet.
Haven't seen any hitch hiking crabs of any kind yet.

BTW - have you seen the scarface blenny in any stores lately (your avatar)?

Barnacle_Blenny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You won't see the crabs that's my point. Most are nocturnal. They trap your poor fish while he's hiding at night. It could also be a mantis shrimp. In this case you could have accidently squished him while you were moving rock since they usually sleep in your DSB. There also is the chance he was just sick and died in your sand while he slept.

I strongly advise all people with any kind of setup to do a soda bottle trap its cheap and easy and you'll be amazed at what you catch.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Glad he came out of hiding. Cirrhilabrus lubbocki is a great little fish. Just wait until he starts "flashing" at his reflection or another inhabitant. For the record though, Cirrhilabrus species fairy wrasses (as well as Flasher wrasses) do not bury in the sand. He was just very adept at finding a place in the rockwork that hid him from your view.

Randy

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for all the info Guys.
I love the delicate coloration of this fish.
It was indeed a rare find at FT, goes to show if you go there everyday you'll sure to find something good.....
(not that I go there everyday, however I do live a few streets away).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: