bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice shots! I like the clam closeups.

I have the sd400 and I really liked it as a SMALL point and shoot. It's got great features, and you can stick it in a pocket and drag it with you. (just don't drop it on a tile floor. it doesn't like that too much)

Jonathan, you can WB that camera and the colors come out a LOT better. Dig out one of your old plastic greyscale cards. Or use a top from a can of kodak film (the grey lid is 18% grey. how cool is that!) I've also used powerheads They're pretty close too.

HTH
B

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
bad coffee said:
Nice shots! I like the clam closeups.

I have the sd400 and I really liked it as a SMALL point and shoot. It's got great features, and you can stick it in a pocket and drag it with you. (just don't drop it on a tile floor. it doesn't like that too much)

Jonathan, you can WB that camera and the colors come out a LOT better. Dig out one of your old plastic greyscale cards. Or use a top from a can of kodak film (the grey lid is 18% grey. how cool is that!) I've also used powerheads They're pretty close too.

HTH
B

wow I just saw that, I knew it had a custom function, but did not think that's what it did. I'll have to try it out.

T- it's a great camera, get a 1gig card and take movies also :)
I would recommend it.

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
jhale said:
wow I just saw that, I knew it had a custom function, but did not think that's what it did. I'll have to try it out.

T- it's a great camera, get a 1gig card and take movies also :)
I would recommend it.

cool, thanks! wife just ordered it with the 1G card. (it's my xmas present) going to get the waterproof housing and take it diving in the spring. i can't wait!

T

ps. lmk when you want to p/u the tubing.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Makes me think of Fruit Loops... hmmm. (the first one).

Anyway... Nice! I can't wait to start getting pictures of my tank once its up and running.

(live rock is at Reef Exotics ! I go get it tonight.)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
zahner said:
cool, thanks! wife just ordered it with the 1G card. (it's my xmas present) going to get the waterproof housing and take it diving in the spring. i can't wait!

T

ps. lmk when you want to p/u the tubing.

are you coming to the frag swap holiday party this saturday night?

that underwater housing will be sweet, you can stick the camera in the tank and take macro shots! :D

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
not every every time, but it would be so cool. I'm bidding on one on ebay now :D

plus you could do cool top down shots, and you can place it on the bottom of the tank and take pictures with the auto timer looking out the tank and see what you look like to your fish, hahaha.

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
jhale said:
are you coming to the frag swap holiday party this saturday night?

that underwater housing will be sweet, you can stick the camera in the tank and take macro shots! :D

the macro shots will be killer! i am prolly gonna pass on the party, i think we have a previous engagement, but i am home from work Thursday and Friday if that helps.

how much are the u/w housings going for on ebay?

T

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
they are actually more expensive on ebay, lol

amazon had them for 169, I found one from a reg. person on ebay, it's up to 80 something now four days to go, no one get any ideas :P

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
jhale said:
they are actually more expensive on ebay, lol

amazon had them for 169, I found one from a reg. person on ebay, it's up to 80 something now four days to go, no one get any ideas :P

d'oh! good find on that auction!

looks like the only one that has sold recently was used and that went for $145 shipped. hope you win it

good thing I don't need mine till March

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
:smokin: Jon - i'm in now

not going to bid too agressively since I don't need it til March, but if I win this one you are welcome to give it a whirl. I'd like to get comfortable with it before I actually am underwater. thinking of going to my gym pool, but worried I will get strange looks. heheheh

T

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
zahner said:
:smokin: Jon - i'm in now

not going to bid too agressively since I don't need it til March, but if I win this one you are welcome to give it a whirl. I'd like to get comfortable with it before I actually am underwater. thinking of going to my gym pool, but worried I will get strange looks. heheheh

T

better have someone with you if you try that, otherwise stick with the bathtub ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: