cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
it all depends on luck and space. the more space the happier the tangs will be.

I don't think keeping fish alive involves luck.. You have to have the right environment, right support equipment, knowledge in the fish's needs, pick the right fish, willing to spend time in obtaining all of the above and have patient while doing and learning it all.

You can have a 400 gallon tank and a bunch dead tangs if you don't know what you are doing.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
However, no matter if all things are perfect param-wise, a small tank is just not the best situation for a tang. especially since they are prone to ich up when stressed.

How about buying a fish that would be suited to a tank your size? w/ the same coloration.

Instead of trying to stuff little pretties in there. If you really want the fish get a bigger tank.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hey, I was told I couldn't put a Yellow and a Hippo in a 72, but he gets a Yellow and a Purple in a 58?! :mad: :tongue1:

Actually, observing my Yellow he didn't need a tank that big. He spends the vast majority of his time in the very center, swimming back and forth and flaring his fins, covering only a third of the tank's surface. :scratchch

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Dmitry said:
Actually, observing my Yellow he didn't need a tank that big. He spends the vast majority of his time in the very center, swimming back and forth and flaring his fins, covering only a third of the tank's surface. :scratchch

What would constitute your YT needing a bigger tank? It crashing into the side glass looking for more room? By your observations, your tang would be happy in a tank 1/3 the size of a 72. :wow: That's funny. :icon16:

Also, at what is your tang displaying aggression towards, with the flaring of its fins?

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Deanos said:
What would constitute your YT needing a bigger tank? It crashing into the side glass looking for more room? By your observations, your tang would be happy in a tank 1/3 the size of a 72. :wow: That's funny. :icon16:

Also, at what is your tang displaying aggression towards, with the flaring of its fins?

thats almost too damn funny!

LOL!!

I remember a guy told me his tang (in a 12G) doesnt really need that much space, he can just swim in circles! same thing, right?

If I had a nightstick.....:sgrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: