yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
With the remora you have a huge high wattage pump sticking in the tank.
The Deltec is the best HOT skimmer $$$$ There is a long thread on RC i forgot who started it. I think he bought it before deltec USA some great pics.

MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
i had a mce 500 it worked great. i now upgraded to the turbo model.. and going to start another tank soon 200+ gallons and going with a deltec again.. spend the money as we all know skimming is the most important thing next to flow...

MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
the up side of the deletc. besides the way it performs is that it is pretty much set it and forget it. . once you set the weir plate with the proper water level. and set the air at the 2 0'clock pistion you will be fine. also there is a chamber in the skimmer. Were you can run carbon or any other type of media in a bag.. i also uses very little power.. i think it is rated for a 100 gallon tank with a heavy load. so will be perfect for your 70 gallon..

gegema

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I only could comment on my experience with the bakpak and the remora. Remora would be my choice! I've been using the remora with a modified prefilter cutting the top surface out and just using the micro bubble eliminator (since I change the water everyweek), I'm the surface film eliminator lol.. Takes up too much valuable real estate in my 20g. Until I upgrade to a larger tank with a sump, this will have to suffice. I've heard good words on the Deltec though, but $.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: