Dizbwayne

reef magnet
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i have a 55 gal and im not that sure about calcium dosage im suppose to put in the tank. the bottle says 1ml per 4 gal but im not sure. can someone give me some insights on this? and also the for alk too. for the people who uses bionic how do you add this supplement in the water?

i have a 55 gal
coral list
torch
plate
polpys and kenya

thank you for the help

wayne

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Dizbwayne said:
i have a 55 gal and im not that sure about calcium dosage im suppose to put in the tank. the bottle says 1ml per 4 gal but im not sure. can someone give me some insights on this? and also the for alk too. for the people who uses bionic how do you add this supplement in the water?

i have a 55 gal
coral list
torch
plate
polpys and kenya

thank you for the help

wayne

Wayne,

You need to get a calcium and alk testing kit. You need to know the calcium and alk levels are currently at and determine what level you want to bring it up to. But since you don't have a tons of coral, water changes will on a regular basis should be good enough, you shouldn't be worrying about dosing right now.

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You probably don't need to add that much to your tank. Testing your water is always a good idea. Add the bionic into a strong current of you main display. Put part 1 in wait till it clears then add part 2. I would guess adding half of the recommended amount would be fine for your tank with the corals you listed but again testing will tell. Keep in mind as you increase the amount of corals you will also need to increase the dosage.

hope this helps

Dizbwayne

reef magnet
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
thanks everyone.. that was very helpful and i need to get test kits. so i have to dose magnesium too.. oh man these corals take so much drugs.. haha they get better vitamins then me! thanks again

wayne

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: