gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
All angels are 50/50 in reef tank, but I know one member who put in the reef tank and spent almost 2 month to get it out. He told me that Goldflake are kind of not active fish, most of time they are behind rock, so it is really hard to catch.

RonsterNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Deanos - by the way, you wouldn't happen to know how to catch a purple tang without dismantling the tank - would you? I have tried a couple of traps, but that didn't work; fish is too smart. Then someone suggested I go 'spear fishing' - HECK NO!!! I would much rather end up keeping the fish before I spear fish...Anyhow, let me know - thanks!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Deanos said:
I noticed that. It is not traditionally placed in the Pygmy Angel category. Maybe marrone made a mistake in placement.

Goldflake Angel

I put it there as even though it does get large most of the sizes that are available are usually small sizes like the pygmy angels, even though you do see large Goldflake from time to time and they're usually very expensive.

I could have easily placed it with the med. size angels but because most people get smaller size ones, which is what usually shows up for sale also, I placed it with the pygmy angels.

Either way it not an easy angel to keep and most don't make it and with the high price tag it's not worth taking the chance. Smaller ones do better, if you can get one, but even then they don't have a good survial rate. It's probably best to pass on this angel and look at one of the other angels that are out there.

Also there is a chance that any of the angels will start to pick at corals and clams at any time, so it's always a risk.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: