janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If so i rather have a hang on . I was gonna put a 10 gal tank and make baffles.\ but my mom will freak out seeing water pouring into bottom of tank .
that she'll make me take down the tank . For fear it will spill all over ..

J

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
with a ten gallon you will not be able to fit a CPR hangon and a skimmer- at least not on the back. My recommendation would be to get a aquaclear 70 HOB filter (would add extra water vol to your tank - you can make it into a mini fuge w/ a little modification - or you can hide all your equipment and probes in it, and an ice probe chiller can fit in the top) and also get a Remora skimmer (which adds a gallon of water to your vol as well). Both would fit on the back of a ten gallon and would be much better than just one CPR HOB mini fuge IMHO. Depends on what you are going for though I guess...

I don't have a problem w/ my water quality in my 16 g (knock on wood) w/ no sump or fuge (w/ AC 70 and Remora). As long as you don't overstock and have enough LR you shouldn't have a problem if you keep tabs on things. Make sure to have an ATO unit w/ a tank that size.

I've seen sumpless 90 gallon reefs w/ no fuge get nominated to tank of the month and run for years on some sites- while getting that extra water vol and natural filtration is probably always better, you don't necessarily need one- and you will get that extra vol. w/ the HOB filter and skimmer. :)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i would rather use a sump but u said your mom would have a problem with the water going down into a tank below the display tank. show her some pics of these huge tanks with there sumps and refugiums and she should be ok afterwards. hehehe.

goood luck

anthony

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
nycfatcow do ya mind taking some pics and posting them on here for me. so i can see. i got a completely empty 20gallon long tank that im converting into a sump. i also want to have a little spot for a refugium. im talkin a little square inside the some that will have water pass through and hold cheato or sum live marine plants or sumtin. thanks.
sorry for hijacking the thread.

nycfatcow

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
DSC01544.jpg
DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

pretty simple set up....
3 baffles...make it outta glass...tried acrylic...mixed with glass just doesnt hold... got the pic of the overflow....into the first section....then flows into my refuge....got some aragonite and cheatos in there....then finally hits my last section and i got a mag 5 pushing the water back to my tank....Ohh yeh also hung my skimmer there so i have room to keep my HOB filters... hope this helpos
Calvin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: