Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Should I change anything?

rockintank.jpg

Tank: 58 Gallons
Rock: 70 pounds Fiji total. (50 from Reef Exotics)

Rich

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
mmmmmm.....I see the Seio..;):lol:

I likes.
Maybe more in the center though.:scratchch

I think whatever you like is best. It'll be your creation. You can appreciate it more.
I used to change my rocks forever....till I finally got it the way I like.
Everytime I see peoples set-ups....I copy a bit. LOL

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
looks good to me only one thing
are you going to put more rock in to fill up the right side ,if not i would center it the way it is.just to make it look even
other wise looks good

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Looks good. You think you might want to try for a more open look? Try to get less of the rock touching the starboard so you could get more flow underneath plus it should give you more room for coral :D.

Or you could do the two island look like Rich(Jackson)...that looks really good to. Just try to get some some of the bigs rock as the base and then just try to make it as open as possible it looks better IMO.

Its your taste though :D.

-Kris

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I tried to keep it back off the glass (its about 6" back from front). and I wanted to leave a little open space on one side.

The Seios are nice... I like the water flow (pattern) of the output. Even on high it isnt overpowering. I think they will do nicely...

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Rborgia said:
I tried to keep it back off the glass (its about 6" back from front). and I wanted to leave a little open space on one side.

The Seios are nice... I like the water flow (pattern) of the output. Even on high it isnt overpowering. I think they will do nicely...

Seios do work out really nice for the $$$. Got the 1500 and love it :D

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
alrighty, back to the drawing board....

One of the pieces... is flat... it is about 12" x 10", not really sure what to do with it.

Should I try to go higher? I have a few more rocks in the basement tank I can throw in there.. but wanted to hold off, since the rock in the basement was mid cycle.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Rborgia said:
alrighty, back to the drawing board....

One of the pieces... is flat... it is about 12" x 10", not really sure what to do with it.

Should I try to go higher? I have a few more rocks in the basement tank I can throw in there.. but wanted to hold off, since the rock in the basement was mid cycle.

Took me a longgggg time to find a scape that i liked. The flat rock would be nice to make a shelf with. Maybe you could make two mini islands on either side and use the flat piece in the center.

Although I wouldn't build it up any higher so that way you leave a lot of room for the coral to grow upwards ;).
-Kris

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea i would add some rock to the right or center that as some have mentioned already. i just really find it funny how hard it is to actually like your own aquascape. it took me at least 8 different times to actually like the one i have now. but your getting there. im guessing you dont like the spatious roomy look. with more open holes.

whats that saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. sumtin like that. do what you like cause hey its your tank. lolz. have funnnn

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: