Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
that would suck to have some hacker destroy ur tank! but you'd think that they could easily add some good security to it and make it that way...

I don't know if this would be a good system for people needing to automate more than those sockets it comes w/ - but I know for me that many is perfect for my lights and thermometer- I can't stand my coralife 'dual timer' piece of crap.

its smaller than it looks too- about 8" w from what i remember w/o looking it up

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
looks really cool, the remote monitoring function is awesome. lets us know how it works out. imagine in the future when this is standard gear and you can watch everyone's tank parameters live from MR!

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm sure there is a way around it- though since this would really only control the heating and lighting the only parameters would would be able to change would be temp- though you would be able to at least see if there was a problem!

the remote monitering thing is also good if you are trying to keep records of you parameters- since it uploads constantly to your PC then you can keep cool charts, graphs, etc. about the fluctuations in the parameters throughout the day. Probably better for those SPS keepers out there. I'm more interested in being able to fine tune my lighting timers and control my heater w/ a controller.

There are more advanced controllers out there, but they get pretty expensive...

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have been tossing up between this controller and the Neptune aquajunior but after hearing some bad reports of the Neptune's clock not keeping good time i think i'll be going with the lighthouse. I know there's probably a lot of people who's neptunes function perfectly but i just think as the clock is at the core of the controller it should work right every time.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
nice- LMK if you get it! I have this and a new light to get at some point in the next 6 months (we will see if my bonus is any good... :scratchch) ... not sure which I will get 1st...

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Looks really good for the price.
But, I want to point out couple things.

It says that you can controll chiller and heater, but in order to use both you have to give up daylight plug to heater. Is that mean, I have to plug my MH light to seperate timer?

It says that you can controll PH and ORP, but you also have to give up your daylight plug to either PH or ORP. And there is only one plug for daylight, I can't even controll both eventhough I give up daylight plug.

I hope I am wrong, can someone tell me I am wrong? I would love to buy this controller but I am little hesitate to buy this controller.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There are 3 lighting outlets, one heater outlet, and two 'always on' outlets. If you want another piece of equip. to turn on off based on specific params then you need to give up a lighting out let. You can monitor PH/ORP no matter what, but if you want somethign to turn on/off based on PH/ORP levels then you need to give up a light...

Looks like these quotes cover it...
It is well known that a consistent lighting schedule is beneficial to the health of your animals. The Lighthouse controller can turn three sets of lights on and off at any time of day or night. You can use these three lighting zones for Metal Halide/Actinic/Refugium, or power compact Daylight/Blue/Moon light, or any combination you need. In fact, you don't even need to use the lighting outputs with lights. For example, If you wanted to run your protein skimmer only at night, you can use one of the lighting zones for that.

The Lighthouse Controller can monitor both PH and ORP on a continuous basis, and can be used with PH or ORP modifying equipment (i.e., an ozone generator or calcium reactor) to control PH or ORP. One of the lighting zones can be designated for ORP or PH control. Basically, when the PH or ORP value reaches a certain level, you can turn equipment on or off. If you use this feature, you give up one of the lighting zones, because the same plug on the AC strip is shared between one set of lights, PH, or ORP control. If you just want to monitor PH and ORP so the values continuously show in the display, you do not need to use the control feature and you can keep all three lighting zones for lighting or other uses.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If we can get enough people, why not make a group buy from the manufacturer?
I am interested in getting a controller. I am currently bidding on a Neptune on eBay, if I don't win it this controller looks pretty interesting!

-Alfred

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i'd be interested in a group buy. Not sure if they will do a better price as i know they have priced it low to get it out in the market place. But then again maybe the "reccomended" seal from MR is the promotional push they're looking for?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: