Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I heard this system works very well. However, everyone who has this system said it has really annoying beeping alarm sound. Here an instruction how to disable this feature, KILL BUZZ.

Goodluck. Please post some pictures if you are putting this system. I want to get it too :)

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
inline6 said:
My only concern is that if you have some turbo snails they might drag the float swtch down in your tank, causing a big flood.

If the snail drag the float switch down, isn't it suppose to shut the pump off? Unless the snail push the float switch upward and the system think the water lvl went down, and turn the pump on.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
if it were around the same price then it would be cool to have the PC's and MH- so i could have a 'sunrise/sunset' effect w/ the MH on only during the middle of the day...

i will have to get in touch w/ him. thanks!

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Savager said:
If the snail drag the float switch down, isn't it suppose to shut the pump off? Unless the snail push the float switch upward and the system think the water lvl went down, and turn the pump on.

It has the opposite effect, which is why I covered mine with a simple plastic bottle w/small holes.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 70

Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a double switch set up which means that there is one switch that controls the water level in the tank/sump and then there is another seperate switch which is placed upside down just above the first float switch. If the first switch fails or is triggered by a snail, as the water level rises, it triggers the second float switch which shuts off the pump and prevents a flood.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I thought you could also have two switches in your main tank- so that you need both to confirm that there is a need of a water top off (a failsafe).

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Reefer420 said:
I thought you could also have two switches in your main tank- so that you need both to confirm that there is a need of a water top off (a failsafe).

Yes, you can.
It has to be wired into the same line.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pili said:
It is a double switch set up which means that there is one switch that controls the water level in the tank/sump and then there is another seperate switch which is placed upside down just above the first float switch. If the first switch fails or is triggered by a snail, as the water level rises, it triggers the second float switch which shuts off the pump and prevents a flood.

Thats true only if the water level in your reserve is low and you have quite a bit more volume in your main tank to go.

The second switch is only to prevent it from running while theres no water in the reserve to prevent burning out your pump.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Maybe you guys should do a group buy of float switches from ebay and make your own. I'm pretty sure there are tons of places that has detail instructions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: