ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Is the waiting list for real? I think it is just a fake name list so people see and think it worth it to buy from someone for much more..:D

Being on the waiting list doesn't actually mean commiting to buy one, right? Besides some people just like to insert their name all over the list so they can have the option to say no!! LOL...

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
Is the waiting list for real? I think it is just a fake name list so people see and think it worth it to buy from someone for much more..:D

Being on the waiting list doesn't actually mean commiting to buy one, right? Besides some people just like to insert their name all over the list so they can have the option to say no!! LOL...

I'm sending this to Steve Tyree, NO frag for You :P :p

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
spykes said:
i kinda feel sorry for him now, and the reason why frags are so limited edition in pricing too :p
I don't feel sorry for him one iota! Good for his ex-wife, at least someone is cleaning him out, after the cleaning out of reefers pockets he's been doing with his "name" and stupid "limited edition" corals.

What goes around comes around.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
pretty much they are all nice corals, but whenever he labels them with his name on them, they increase thier price like many times over the price of the corals. If he didnt do it shaun, someone else wouldve

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I think he was fairly reasonable when he had his store front, the extreme addiction with the hobby must drove the ex-wife nuts which made him a broke a$$. If people are willing to pay the money, there will always be people selling "rare" stuff.

Anyone wants some super rare A. nana? it is a rich shade of BROWN and I don't know of anyone else that have something similar. Imported directly from Los Angeles via first class baggage bins?? :lol:.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
solbby said:
I don't feel sorry for him one iota! Good for his ex-wife, at least someone is cleaning him out, after the cleaning out of reefers pockets he's been doing with his "name" and stupid "limited edition" corals.

What goes around comes around.

your just jealous because you did not think of it first ;)

how much can you make when you sell one frag of pm a month?
and remember no one is making people buy coral from him at high prices.
I'd rather spend money at lets say atlantis or RM and get something that looks just at good without the LE lable :D

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
jhale said:
your just jealous because you did not think of it first ;)

how much can you make when you sell one frag of pm a month?
and remember no one is making people buy coral from him at high prices.
I'd rather spend money at lets say atlantis or RM and get something that looks just at good without the LE lable :D

Not to bash anyone, but RM is usually Wild 'salvaged', though they are usually in good health and have nice corals. The 2 times now I've gotten from Atlantis i've been very disappointed, both in the quality being fresh cut & size of the corals.

I have gotten from Steve and chatted with him many times, and he is very nice, and the corals were well worth it. I remember getting LEs that were big enough to be split in half. I'm almost up to get some stuf next year and it should be nice. Where else can you get Montastrea Cavernosa for $30?

I don't understand people paying $300 for the PM or other internet corals like PPE's or Illegal Lords.

joe

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
hey joe, last few time i bought RM wild stuff, the corals had sponges and some werid worm growing on the base bleaching out the coral. i had to frag the corals until the sponge growing the middle was gone. somehow i really started to hate wild stuff. RM charges pretty heafy tho

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Dave, i'm talking strictly frags. Alot of wild colonies do have the sponges though, since they are just taken off the reef and not cleaned properly. I lost a nice acro a few weeks ago since there was some awful encrusting sponge on it that that i couldn't scrape off all the way.

joe

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: