S

steveo32

Ok I know this might sound dumb, but I was wondering you guys thought of a clown tang in a 125 reef w/ a small purple tang, a med powder blue that is going to the qt soon and 3 chromis and a marron clown. I will be getting some anthias in the future. I know they are very aggressive but I feel really bad for the fish. I AM IN NO WAY bad mouthing petco as a company but the branch in middletown sucks really bad when it comes to the saltwater fish. Ther e tanks are all going to crap and there fissh are all like half dead looking. My friend works there and he jsut got a shipment of fish and the clown came in and the didn't order it so hes in a small tang and I feel really bad for him. So i wanted to rescue him. Oh and further more there tanks have no algea clips for the tangs. I told my friend to grab some and put it in and he was like " well they won't let us use it its store policy" Well let me know what you think even though I already know the answer lol thanks guys

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
There's no problem in attempting to rescue a fish from certain death. But, if you believe it's not for you...find someone who will be able to provide the tang with the space, diet and companions it needs, buy the fish and give it to that person. Now THAT'S a rescue.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
well i wouldn't be buying it so that not a problem but what do you think will it survive in my tank as describe above >?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I agree with Rich, you should not support Petco by buying that fish, free is another story.

Clown tangs are a lot more finicky than their cousins. You can certainly try to rescue it if you don?t mind the possibility of it getting ick and infect the rest of your tank. Your other two tangs will be harassing it for few days, it may survive if you can get it to eat right away and provide enough hiding places.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: