NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
good investment I would buy the largest you could afford and have room for you could always "tone" it down for a smaller tank and if you decide to upgrade...

definitly consider a PH monitor to keep an eye on the effliuent makes dialing it in a little easier

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
good investment I would buy the largest you could afford and have room for you could always "tone" it down for a smaller tank and if you decide to upgrade...

definitly consider a PH monitor to keep an eye on the effliuent makes dialing it in a little easier

Definately want to have a complete set up. I won't skimp on anything when I'm buying the set up. Is there any PH moniter that you would recommend?
-Kris

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have the pinpoint I have my effluient fill a cup with the probe in it and the cup overflows into my sump.
I also have a pinpoint that I use to measure the Tank PH , probe is in my corner box out of site so it's just a glance to check both.

I also have a hand help PH meter once a week I check the accurcacy of both

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
jawwad2004 said:
This calcium reactor is such a daunting endeavor, but I know I am going to have to do it. Kris, Im gonna be getting my Calc reactor this summer too, gotta start that research now!

Most definately. I want to go with a CA reactor, after thinking about it, that I can use when I DO upgrade. If I don't start researching now, I'll end up buying a piece of junk down the road.
-Kris

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I mean, I really dont have a high demand for calc in my tank either, but I am planning to have an SPS garden in my tank. But janey, like Kris said, if you have a smaller tank, I would stick with the two part stuff.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: