D

DEEPWATER

Safecracker Zoos at 157 bux ,for 7 poypls ,is going on ebay ,why why why are ppl paying so freaking much for zoos ,thats 7 polyps for 157 so far ,make it about $22 bux a polyp ,,I have a colony of 25 poylp ,should of put it up on ebay ,could of had $550 so far for my small colony :knockedou

here lets follow this and see how much they are willing to pay for this Safecracker frag of 7

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-Red-S...itemZ7732430365QQcategoryZ46308QQcmdZViewItem

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jackson6745 said:
Ronen Sell some of your polyps. Living, GROWING corals don't go up in price.
youre right they dont
But when you guys come over ,its an aww when you see them ,so why mess up a good looking tank,Im waiting till its about 100 poylps then ill start fragging ,that should be in a few months .I nly have a few of those ,lots of other ,but really do not want to mees up the mother colonies ,In a few months ill start put coral disks and little pcs of rubble rock for them to grow on then off to the selling dept they go

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
man- maybe I should have put up the $300 for spyro's acan :)

I wonder if there is someone out there w/ a huge tank full of rare zoos- dealing them out in small frags until the general population grows, making them common and driving down the price. then they just release the next frag of rare zoos....hmmmm.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
House of Laughter said:
If you live in the bowels of Oregon and the nearest pet store is 85 miles away and it's a petsmart, you'll spend the money on ebay cause it's the only viable marketplace for you.

Grrrr House...you took the words right out of my mouth. :)

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Reefer420 said:
I wonder if there is someone out there w/ a huge tank full of rare zoos- dealing them out in small frags until the general population grows, making them common and driving down the price. then they just release the next frag of rare zoos....hmmmm.
That is my plan, however, with the changes for my individual plan added below:

Create a huge tank full of rare zoos- dealing them out in small frags (as the general population grows) at next to no charge/or as a trade, making them common and driving down the price and ridiculous nature of this hobby. Then just buy the next frag of "rare zoos".... and repeat.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
solbby said:
That is my plan, however, with the changes for my individual plan added below:

Create a huge tank full of rare zoos- dealing them out in small frags (as the general population grows) at next to no charge/or as a trade, making them common and driving down the price and ridiculous nature of this hobby. Then just buy the next frag of "rare zoos".... and repeat.

Hahahaaa good plan and your gonna have some really nice starboard ;).

Ronen,
That price is crazy. I'd make a little frag while their "hot" and make some $$ for new bulbs or a new something for the tank :cool:.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Ronen,

If you live in the bowels of Oregon and the nearest pet store is 85 miles away and it's a petsmart, you'll spend the money on ebay cause it's the only viable marketplace for you.

Key is to get products that these people will compete for and get "your money on"

House

and what about all the online retailers (live aquaria, marine depot, etc)? even their prices are not THAT high.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Ronen,

Key is to get products that these people will compete for and get "your money on"

House
I have to disagree on that one Jim
There are lots of online store they could buy from .but what am i complaining about ,better for me that they are paying this much for zoos

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
There are lots of online store they could buy from

Give me the names, because I'm looking for bumble bees, mean greens, pirate's booty and true yellows. Thanks! Most online stores don't carry the "rare zoa frags"

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Deanos said:
Give me the names, because I'm looking for bumble bees, mean greens, pirate's booty and true yellows. Thanks! Most online stores don't carry the "rare zoa frags"
well ,Bubble bees huh Very hard to come by ,but ,Im intouch with Matt that has these bad boys in his tank ,and maybe just maybe ,ill have 2 or 3 polyps

where talking about safecrackers man ,,lol

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Deanos said:
these guys are only to come by with private collectors ,I never seen those in any online ,LFS ..safecrackers ,RPES ,PPE PHES ,are found online

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
any pics of zoos like those bumblebees? never heard of them...

i am starting to appreciate zoos more and more lately- if I ever get the money to start a new tank I think I will make it a show (instead of my prefered natural look) nano w/ only rare zoos and maybe a couple of sexy shrimp! would be awesome- anyone on MR have a set up like that?

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
these guys are only to come by with private collectors ,I never seen those in any online ,LFS ..safecrackers ,RPES ,PPE PHES ,are found online

when zoa's come into a store they aren't fully colored or most stores don't put them in high light situations and let them color up.
I get and have 'cats eye" zoos they could become ppe or phe's or any of those but it takes weeks if not months for them to color up. retailers don't have patients for that. so this is why private collectors have them all they've been in their aquariums for months or years.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: