aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was also looking at them, I have heard there are issues with the clock not keeping time on some which is kind of an important part, but other people swear by them.
You should also look at the "lighthouse controller" that premium aquatics sell. its not quite as flexible but if you have a simple set up it could be just the ticket.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I saw one on ebay cheap but maybe I should try to start a group buy on the Aqua controller Jr.

Jonathan: Welcome to manhattan reefs. How's the tank and are you getting the tunze 9010?

Was thinking of the 9015 and 15% off isn't bad from nycreef

You'll find the dudes here a lot cooler and friendlier to deal with than the dudes on nj boards for the most part.

alrha: I may take you up on sharing the code. Did you ever check if your tank is ok sitting parallel to the beams? Didn't mean to scare you on that.

Kelly

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was using an AC Jr. for a little while, got it as part of a special pricing program on RC from Premium Aquatics. I ended up selling it after about a month due to the fact that it kept turning my lights on and off at all hours, despite trying different program settings. Numerous calls into customer service couldn't help correct the problem. I was told that interence from my IC ballasts may have been the culprit. I think reading the Neptune forum on RC will be helpful before you buy.

Interesting comment on the New Jersey "Dudes"....

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ECFENCING said:
alrha: I may take you up on sharing the code. Did you ever check if your tank is ok sitting parallel to the beams? Didn't mean to scare you on that.
sure thing. i'll post it up here.
contractor i think told my wife not to worry about it, but i'll ask him again next time i see him.

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecfencing-I'll be getting the 9010 in january. I had to use my cash right now for xmas presents, ya know how that goes. I'm excited to try it out thought.

I got my aquacontroller jr from the group buy with premium aquatics this summer. I think it was $234 including the DC8, temp probe, backlit option, and pH probe. best deal out there IMO.

the aquatronica is about 4x the price and you can do more with it, but IMO and for what I want/need those options arent needed. I decided not to run ozone so i dont need that option, a refractometer works fine for salinity monitoring, and even though it would be really cool to be able to access your tank parameters via the interenet and control stuff, is that really necessary?

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Jonathan:

Thanks for the input. Yeah I wanted badly to get a tunze 9015 before xmas but like you I'll be getting the tunze skimmer in the new year.

If I didn't win the aquajr controller on ebay with temp probe for $135 I'll be starting a group buy for the aquajr controllers as well.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hth

Here is my latest programming code (feel free to ask questions):

LtL = 10 K MH (400W)
VHO = 2x60" VHO Actinic (280W)
Mlt = 4xMoONlights
Fan = 2xFans (sump & canopy)
LtC = 10 K MH (400W)
Rfg = Refugium/Sump light (96W)
Top = Top-off via KalkReactor
Mix = Mixing pump for KalkReactor
LtR = 10 K MH (400W)
LtF = Fans in light fixture
Htr = Heater (300W)
Alm = Alarm Module

If Time > 19:00 Then VHO ON
If Time > 22:00 Then LtR ON
If Time > 22:15 Then LtC ON
If Time > 22:30 Then LtL ON
If Time > 23:00 Then Rfg OFF
If Time > 05:00 Then Rfg ON
If Time > 05:30 Then LtR OFF
If Time > 05:45 Then LtC OFF
If Time > 06:00 Then LtL OFF
If Time > 09:00 Then VHO OFF
If Tmr VHO = ON Then LtF ON
If Tmr VHO = OFF Then LtF OFF
If Tmr VHO = ON Then Mlt OFF
If Tmr VHO = OFF Then Mlt ON

If Temp < 76.0 Then Htr ON
If Temp > 76.5 Then Htr OFF
If Temp > 77.0 Then Fan ON
If Temp < 76.5 Then Fan OFF
If Temp > 81.0 Then LtR OFF
Max Change 030 M Then LtR OFF
If Temp > 81.5 Then LtC OFF
Max Change 030 M Then LtC OFF
If Temp > 82.0 Then LtL OFF
Max Change 030 M Then LtL OFF
If Temp < 65 Then Htr OFF
If Tmr Htr = ON Then LtF OFF

If pH < 8.5 Then Top ON
OSC 15/165 ON/OFF Then Mix ON
If Tmr Mix = ON then TOP Off
If pH > 8.6 Then Top OFF

If Time > 00:00 Then Alm OFF
If Temp > 84 Then Alm ON
If Temp < 75 Then Alm ON
If pH > 8.6 Then Alm ON
If pH < 8.0 Then Alm ON
Max Change 015 Then Alm OFF

If Feed cycle Then Top OFF
If Feed cycle Then Mix OFF
If Feed cycle Then Alm OFF
If Feed cycle Then Fan OFF

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: